speed sensor on 2014 JK.

Hello everyone. I had a sensor replaced at dealer once and it cost me $350...After watching Youtube video on how to replace and how much the part cost, i swore I would never let e dealer do it again. Well, I got the message again. I cycled the key 3 times and never got an error code. I conneced my code reader still no error code. I decide to change all 4 sensors. $100 for all 4 isn't bad. I switched out the front ones and the code still came on. I switched out the back ones and code disappeared. It apparently was one of the back sensors. What has me concerned is that the back sensors had metal filing on them when removed. Is this normal? They are original and my jeep has almost 60,000 miles on it. I hope this isn't a sign of bad things to come...
20181102_101943.jpg 20181102_103752.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
The sensor is a magnet. Metal filings aren't abnormal to see. Depending on the area you live in, the more salt, etc, then more rust will occur. As rust occurs, metal filings release from the tone ring and the magnet picks them up. Don't worry about it unless the wheel bearing has a lot of play.

The sensor is a magnet. Metal filings aren't abnormal to see. Depending on the area you live in, the more salt, etc, then more rust will occur. As rust occurs, metal filings release from the tone ring and the magnet picks them up. Don't worry about it unless the wheel bearing has a lot of play.

Thanks, I don't hear anything or feel any play. I've only really done on road driving with it till now. I'll be checking bearing in near future.

Top Bottom