Brake Line Question

aaronstephen

With my new lift came brake line relocation brackets so the brake lines won't get damaged at full extension. How on earth do you get the brake lines to reach the end of the bracket to bolt it up? I'm about a half inch short.

- aaron

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jbaskin28

Follow the lines back to where the meet the body. There should be a bracket bolted to the body holding the lines there. Unbolt it, toss the bracket and you should be good to go..

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362871672.792837.jpg
Pulled that from the TF lift instructions.

Hope this helps!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you asking about your "brake lines" or "emergency brake lines"? There is a difference.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The bracket lines

- aaron

I am sorry but I don't know what "bracket lines" are. Are you referring to the hard brake lines attached to the side of the frame rails or what is shown in the image above - the thick emergency brake cables that get attached to the bottom of the tub?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Most extension brackets look something like this and should mount up with ease...

1. Using a 10mm socket and the factory hardware, install the rear brake line extension brackets onto the frame rails with the bends pointing toward the center of your Jeep and the notches pointing backward.
main.php

2. Secure your rear brake lines to the new extension brackets using the bolts, washers and lock nuts provided with the kit. You will need a 7/16″ socket and wrench for this job.
main.php

aaronstephen

Yes. I have those same brackets. But for some reason my brake lines won't reach bottom of the new brackets. ??

- aaron

aaronstephen

Ok. Wasn't sure if I should do that. I will be gentle. Kinda makes me nervous.

- aaron

aaronstephen

I was reading through the AEV Coil Spacer Lift installation guide and they said for JK 2007-2010 use the supplied brake line bracket. But for model years 2011-present discard the stock brake line bracket and do the following:

Screen Shot 2013-03-10 at 6.45.02 AM.jpg

Would this be sufficient and give me the droop in need to flex, without having to bend the hard lines?

dchew

Caught the Bug
I think you are better off bending the brake line a little. If that wire tie breaks you will have a bunch of line floating around especially in the rear. Like Eddie said, don't worry about bending the brake line. It is designed to be bent. :yup:

Just don't bend it back and forth in the same place four or five times!

Dave

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Wow, they really have that in their directions?? :naw:

You do know that the illustration you are showing is for the front, right? I was under the assumption that you are trying to install rear brackets?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What Eddie said, bend the hard line. But I would invest in some extended brake lines. I heard that from a little birdie once and it was some good advice!;)

Top Bottom