Heated Truck-lites

Jsouder53

Hooked
I just recently installed KC headlights thinking they would be fine with snow and such, I was wrong... they catch the snow... Image1541530645.186724.jpg Image1541530656.494237.jpg

Now I’m thinking about selling the KCs and switching to heated truck-lites. (I’ll keep them a little longer just to see if they will be fine with dryer snow. It’s a little wet still)

My question is, is there an anti-flicker module I need to get with that? Or is it built in?

Ddays

Hooked
I don't know if the TL's still need an anti-flicker module but mine required it and they're 4 years old now. Mine weren't heated tho

bhaner

Curious to see if the heated ones do any better.

I read mixed reviews and never ended up pulling the trigger.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I don't know if the TL's still need an anti-flicker module but mine required it and they're 4 years old now. Mine weren't heated tho

I appreciate it. if I don’t hear anything on here, I’ll just call and talk to them.

Curious to see if the heated ones do any better.

I read mixed reviews and never ended up pulling the trigger.

Interesting, if I don’t hear too much of positive feedback. I’ll just deal with my KCs... I really like the lights and pattern! It’s just the snow issue.

bhaner

I appreciate it. if I don’t hear anything on here, I’ll just call and talk to them.

Interesting, if I don’t hear too much of positive feedback. I’ll just deal with my KCs... I really like the lights and pattern! It’s just the snow issue.

That was my worry as well. I really wanted some good lights that I wouldn't need to worry about.

From what I read HID's in a projector housing would work best. The LED's just don't put out enough heat.

I can't say much though. I still have stockers because I couldn't make up my mind. lol!

rl206

As dumb as it sounds I was going to have 2 pairs and use the led’s in the summer. I still haven’t replaced my headlights but driving in the fall/winter is getting harder and harder now that’s it’s darker

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ColeHanlon

I got heated ones, branded by Rigid, this spring and they included the anti-flicker.

I’ve got knockoff truck lite led’s, not heated, but I also have a set of piaa plasma ion fogs (yellow) which are great in snow and melt anything that touches them. The yellow light doesn’t make a blizzard look like Star Trek going into warp drive.

Last edited:

JKbrick

You could always move to Florida 🧐

Jsouder53

Hooked
That’s awesome more people are coming out with my heated headlights!

I’ve never been a fan of JW Speaker headlights... I’ve always liked a headlight that looks closer to stock. But if you live in a snowy location, get heated!

Top Bottom