Rugged Ridge Wheels

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rugged Ridge specifies "Backspacing is 4-9/16" with a 12 mm offset" which can't be right...

Is that what your common sense tells you? :naw:

For your information, offset only dictates where the mounting surface of the wheel is in relationship to the center line of it. Believe it or not, you can have a wheel with both a 12mm offset AND 4-9/16" of back spacing. See diagram below:

attachment.php

Before anyone else reads into what I have said to this guy, please note that he's been going around criticizing others for not having any common sense.

Bigfoot

Frist of all I am not interested in a fight with anybody.

Now I would like to talk about the math behind this. Using this article, which I find very helpful, I thought that the backspace of a 17x9 wheel would be 5.5" if the offset is 12 mm:

The In’s and Out’s of Offset and Backspace - How do They Relate?

This made "sense" to me. So I was hoping someone can confirm what I can expect from "Backspacing is 4-9/16" with a 12 mm offset".

Thank you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Frist of all I am not interested in a fight with anybody.

Now I would like to talk about the math behind this. Using this article, which I find very helpful, I thought that the backspace of a 17x9 wheel would be 5.5" if the offset is 12 mm:

The In’s and Out’s of Offset and Backspace - How do They Relate?

This made "sense" to me. So I was hoping someone can confirm what I can expect from "Backspacing is 4-9/16" with a 12 mm offset".

Thank you.

First off, the article in question clearly states they are rounding numbers. Second, the 12mm listed should have stated "negative" as that would get you to about 4-9/16" of backspacing. I would have thought that your keen senses would have told you that.

Bigfoot

What lift do you have?

I have ordered five Rugged Ridge wheels in satin black with the machined lip last Saturday.

bl17z90

I like the looks of the rugged ridge wheels but the price is way higher than many other similar wheels.

Bigfoot

I don't know how important it is but the hub bore of the Rugged Ridge wheel matches the Wrangler. Some of the similar looking wheels don't have that. Those wheels would still fit but are not necessarily hub centric. I was able to order Rugged Ridge aluminum wheels for $205 each at OK4WD and I will pick them up so no shipping cost.

jkjurny

I don't know how important it is but the hub bore of the Rugged Ridge wheel matches the Wrangler. Some of the similar looking wheels don't have that. Those wheels would still fit but are not necessarily hub centric. I was able to order Rugged Ridge aluminum wheels for $205 each at OK4WD and I will pick them up so no shipping cost.

Check extremeterrain. They had them for 179

Halas

Check out ebay, CSE sells them on there. You can always get A set of 5 for under $1000 shipped and no tax for out of state.

Top Bottom