Anti theft lug nut removal

Tackerdown

Banned
So Mr. Anal lost his lug nut removal socket and could use a tip or two on how to remove the lug nut. I'm going to try and drive an impact socket on and hopefully that will work. :banghead:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The easiest thing you can do is take a die grinder and make 2 flat edges opposite each other. You can then take a wrench to it.

Happened to me so the shop where i got my new tires put a socket that fit tight and hammered it on there then took it out like a regular bolt!

ghostjk

My friend took a screwdriver and put it in the groove that is on the outside of the lug nut, then gently tapped on the screwdriver with a hammer turning the nut slowly until it was loose enough to turn with a pair of pliers

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Happened to me so the shop where i got my new tires put a socket that fit tight and hammered it on there then took it out like a regular bolt!

Yup. Discount tire did that yesterday because I forgot the lock tool. Hammer on a 21mm socket and bang that thing out with an impact gun.

Tackerdown

Banned
I ended up keeping my fingers crossed for the day. luckily I didn't get a flat. the one guy that went along with us works at a jeep dealer and told me to bring it in, they have all the sockets and he would remove them for free :yup::2thumbsup: Thanks for the ideas hopefully it will get someone out of a jam.

1BAMFR

I had the same issue with my other Jeep....If they are Mopar locks the dealer has a key that will fit your lock. They have tons of different ones. Once you know which key it is you can either take them all off and buy a new set or get the code and order another key.

I actually have a brand new set, never used them...I can sell for cheap.

2013-03-05_08-14-34_65_zps37bc9c42.jpg

Tackerdown

Banned
I had the same issue with my other Jeep....If they are Mopar locks the dealer has a key that will fit your lock. They have tons of different ones. Once you know which key it is you can either take them all off and buy a new set or get the code and order another key.

I actually have a brand new set, never used them...I can sell for cheap.

2013-03-05_08-14-34_65_zps37bc9c42.jpg
I think I'm having them take them off and just putting standard ones on. Then my problem will be solved.

Top Bottom