OBD2 connected permanently

Zeus

Hi all,

I have a 2013 Rubicon without the Evic so my plan is to use an old Android phone and OBD scanner to give me live coolant temp and other readings.

Is this a good idea to keep the OBD connected permanently or can it cause issues.

Your help will be appropriated

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Hi all,

I have a 2013 Rubicon without the Evic so my plan is to use an old Android phone and OBD scanner to give me live coolant temp and other readings.

Is this a good idea to keep the OBD connected permanently or can it cause issues.

Should be fine. Insurance companies have people put their scanners in that port for discounts and stay in months at a time without issues.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

zimm

Caught the Bug
My Pioneer AVIC 8200 has a plug that stays into the OBD port. It falls out all the time and I start kicking it. It won't affect the jeep, but the data I get on the head unit is useless. Oh wow, I'm using 85% of my horsepower to maintain 72mph, no shit.

MericaMade

Hi all,

I have left my Edge Insight plugged into my GMC for years without any issues.

Top Bottom