Water Leaks

BJS11JKU

So, I’m a relatively new (as of April) owner of a 2011 JKU. When I first got my Jeep, I noticed the front mats were wet after the first rain we had. Took it to the dealer. They said I needed new front door seals. This did rectify the problem. Fast forward a few months later. I am getting water in the front and back, both sides (a lot, but less so in the rear passenger side). So much so, that I’ve had to remove the rugs. All sides started leaking suddenly and at the same time. I’ve been back to the dealer 4 times now. Each time they say it’s something & repair or replace seals, and then water test it and find no more signs of leaking. And EVERY TIME it rains, I have just as much water, if not more, than before. They’ve put additional foam on the A pillar, replaced all the seals on the freedom tops, replaced the rear mucket seals and I’m still getting water with every rain.

I understand I bought a Wrangler and I’m going to get some water from time to time, but this is ridiculous. I have to take the plugs out to drain the water. Any suggestions? Anywhere I can have this checked out other than the dealer? I’m in Philly. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMF

Google "jeep jk soft top leak repair manual" it's the first link in your search. This is to avoid signing up to Scribd site.

BJS11JKU

Google "jeep jk soft top leak repair manual" it's the first link in your search. This is to avoid signing up to Scribd site.

I actually have that manual. Based on the location of the leaks, I asked the service writer to have the tech check 3 different things. They told me he checked all 3 areas and water tested it and all looked good. Rained the next day and my feet are sitting in puddles. I honestly think they have no idea what they are doing!

RonG

I had some chronic leaks and had to pull the carpets and drain I plugs. I took it to the dealer and the service writer told me that they will work on it, but that it was probably going to continue leaking.

He was right.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BJS11JKU

I had some chronic leaks and had to pull the carpets and drain I plugs. I took it to the dealer and the service writer told me that they will work on it, but that it was probably going to continue leaking.

He was right.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So, no rugs and you just deal with the leaks or did you get another Jeep?

Top Bottom