B2102 - ignition run/start input circuit high

2013rubi

Any one have an issue/experience with fault code "B2102 - IGNITION RUN/START INPUT CIRCUIT HIGH"?
My wife has a stock 2015 wrangler 2dr. She was out running taking care of pre thanksgiving to dos, and after stopping at 1 store, jumps back in, and it cranks and cranks, but never fires.
Finally got it towed back home , I read and reset the codes... still no good, pulled the IOD fuse for a minute, no difference.
The two FOBS we have for it, both work fine for remote entry, both will allow the jeep to crank, but never fires.
Checked the Fuel Pump voltage at the M25 fuse, it's ok.
Everything else seems ok.
Any thoughts?
TIA

Last edited:

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Any one have an issue/experience with fault code "B2102 - IGNITION RUN/START INPUT CIRCUIT HIGH"?
My wife has a stock 2015 wrangler 2dr. She was out running taking care of pre thanksgiving to dos, and after stopping at 1 store, jumps back in, and it cranks and cranks, but never fires.
Finally got it towed back home , I read and reset the codes... still no good, pulled the IOD fuse for a minute, no difference.
The two FOBS we have for it, both work fine for remote entry, both will allow the jeep to crank, but never fires.
Checked the Fuel Pump voltage at the M25 fuse, it's ok.
Everything else seems ok.
Any thoughts?
TIA

B2102 - OBDII body trouble code. Check your spark plug wires for a short to ground, fouled spark plug or shorted kill switch.

Welcome to WAL. Please swing by and "give us a wave", tell us a bit about yourself and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

2013rubi

Thanks, no plug wires on the 3.6 .
20K miles and was running great before she shut it off and jumped into the store..

So check the voltages for run/start and fuel at the TIPM, and all seemed fine. At the start of this I cleared the code, and it hasn't come back, but the thing wouldn't fire. I never smelled gas, and checked, no gas on the rail. The pump has voltage out of the TIPM.
Didn't feel like pulling the tank on this cold weekend, brought it to the shop I've been going to for 35 years, they too said the fuel pump. It's now running and the the code hasn't returned. I'm wondering if the code was from the 3 attempts from the well meaning people and auto club that tried to help with a jump start... (on a motor that was cranking just fine and strong... ;( at least they meant well.) .

Top Bottom