Oil Seal?

DH2002

Came out to the jeep this morning and my Driveway had several spots underneath the Jeep. Sure enough I think the Main Oil Seal is fucked. Opinions?

w4SK2QRRRW2W1z26EaIu0w.jpg nf6zWXiLQ%u7AzlMNCDM5g.jpg hpUzYydeTV++UA6tKuJCig.jpg 3qlP15NbQfO1wOZ02gHvFQ.jpg
Also Drivers side front axle seal is leaking.... 4bYxQpbpR4KaZD44+TVc1A.jpg

DH2002

I drove late last night so im sure the oil went everywhere so I just cleaned it all off and gonna let it run and see what I can find

DH2002

Well that didn't take long cleaned it all off and literally saw the oil coming out.... seems that seal is leaking.... tightened it down until I can get it in....

E09ySroCQ%Sj4MukAgFTXw.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Well that didn't take long cleaned it all off and literally saw the oil coming out.... seems that seal is leaking.... tightened it down until I can get it in....

View attachment 314908

In that pic, it looks like you're pointing at the trans pan. But earlier, what was on your finger was clearly engine oil. Sure the leak isn't from higher up? It's common on the 3.6 for the oil cooler to fail and oil runs down the back of the intake valley and down the rear of the engine by the bellhousing.

DH2002

B007AF35-2E15-4674-A900-98F6A432CECB.jpg
In that pic, it looks like you're pointing at the trans pan. But earlier, what was on your finger was clearly engine oil. Sure the leak isn't from higher up? It's common on the 3.6 for the oil cooler to fail and oil runs down the back of the intake valley and down the rear of the engine by the bellhousing.

I think your right I looked to the left of the oil filter cap and there is oil pooled up..... and oil is on the side of the bellhouse...

Last edited:
Top Bottom