Shocks?????

ammojustin

So, while under the Jeep today I noticed that my rear shock move in the mount. Not sure if it is a bad shock or bushing or if that is common. Hoping the bolt holes aren’t oval’d out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ammojustin

Pretty sure they are aftermarket. Just got it recently and have found plenty of things that weren’t exactly professionally done. It’s a Rough Country lift and gray shock with no name. Haven’t checked the torque but they look to be tight. I can just grab it and wiggle and hear the bolt moving around. 3 of the 4 shock do that. One is solid.

WJCO

Meme King
Pretty sure they are aftermarket. Just got it recently and have found plenty of things that weren’t exactly professionally done. It’s a Rough Country lift and gray shock with no name. Haven’t checked the torque but they look to be tight. I can just grab it and wiggle and hear the bolt moving around. 3 of the 4 shock do that. One is solid.

I had this same issue with Zone shocks. Only 1500 miles on them. If your bolt is tight, it's probably a worn sub-par bushing. I upgraded to a quality shock and no issues at all thousands of miles later.

ammojustin

Shocks seem to be just fine. And I’d like to save up for some quality shocks later on down the road. I think I’m gonna pick up some new bushing for them and see if that will help. But I’m pretty sure they are not suppose to move around like they are.

Top Bottom