Options for small Budget Lifts...

MobyJR

I'm looking around and am wondering what the best budget boost for the price is. I've gotta find something for probably less than 500 dollars. Preferably less than 400, because I've also got some other things that need to be done.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362936566.916298.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362936592.466860.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362936605.732742.jpg
I'm looking at kits like these. I like teraflex and BDS. What are your opinions?

MobyJR

Has anyone ever even heard of/dealt with or used Trail Masters suspension? Their prices leave me thinking.... What's the catch?

TrailBear

What's your end goal? Is it just to get you by till you can afford a bigger lift?

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

MobyJR

Goal is to probably run this lift anywhere from a year to 2 years. It'll see offroad use of course, and I don't want my JK to ride like my YJ lol

TrailBear

I'm in the same boat, I went with the teraflex levelling kit with 1.5" boost, I gained over 2.5" in the front and just over 1.5" rear, I plan to bump up to 35's with this. My ride has not changed at all, I went this route to save money I still get a boost and the ability to run bigger tires, hopefully in a year I will have the money for the lift I want.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Coil spacer lifts are coil spacer lifts and you really can't go wrong with any of them. The only thing I would highly recommend is that you NOT get them with the old school hydro shocks that they often come packaged with. I would instead just order the kit without them and then get a good set of monotube shocks like the new Rancho RS7000. Still very affordable but will provide a much nicer ride.

MobyJR

Thank you, so it shouldn't make a difference if I get urethane or metal ones? If I go with the cheaper kit, then I can buy my shocks and my gussets and stuff sooner lol

TrailBear

It's rides the same as before, it lifted the front higher just to level the jeep, takes away the front rake.

MobyJR

Ok. Cause I don't think my jeep really stinkbugs too bad. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362937667.666068.jpg
It looks pretty level to me. I don't want it to sit like a bro-dozer

TrailBear

With the teraflex kit you have the option of just an 1.5" in the front or 2.5", I'll get a pic of mine so you can see how it sits

MobyJR

Ok. Well then I think teraflex is probably my safest bet. Ill price shocks now.
I think I'll do what Eddie said and go for some nice shocks and save money on the BB kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, so it shouldn't make a difference if I get urethane or metal ones? If I go with the cheaper kit, then I can buy my shocks and my gussets and stuff sooner lol

Nope, coil spacers are coil spacers and if budget is a concern, you might want to give Rough Country a look as I think they may have the cheapest kit out there.

MobyJR

Sounds good. I've sated away from them since I bought a lift for my YJ back in the day that ended up sagging out in 6months lol. But spacers are spacers right? I appreciate the advice.

Xirtic

I was in a similar boat...I have been buying up components while waiting for the JKU to arrive. I wanted a modest lift, but of good quality.....and I preferred a COIL lift over a SPACER lift. I ended up buying the coils only from the Rusty's Off-Road 2" Coil Lift and then bought a set of correct length Skyjacker M95 Monotube Shocks. I also grabbed an extra set of stock rear swaybar links for the front after the lift is installed. I kept to the budget of $500. I am looking forward to installing this in the very near future. IF I want to move from 33" tires to 35" tires, I can then add a 1/2" spacer and an adjustable set of track bars without having to incur a large cost later. $500 now....and about $500 later (if I go to 35s)...and not having to throw stuff away in the process.

MobyJR

Sounds pretty well though out. I'm still deciding on everything. Ill be buying a 2.5" RC spacer kit and either rancho or RC n2o monotube shocks and then before anything else, Evo gussets and then see what else I need to do. I'm lookin at about 340 for the lift and shocks, and about 420 if I go with ranchos.

Top Bottom