Rancho 7000 vs. Bilstein 5100

aaronstephen

Well, just like the title says... which shock would you consider to be the better all around shock? I am hoping to get a better than stock ride if possible. :clap2:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Well, I can chime for the 5100's. i think they are a great shock. It gives me a smoothe ride and they do pretty dang good through the faster stuff and crawlin. I would guess it rides the same as stock, still feels like a Jeep. But many others have recommended the EVO Plush Ride springs to help smoothe it out even more. I will keep my 5100's and be switching out my Rock Krawler springs for the Plush Rides. Ive heard great things and Im willing to give em a shot. I love my ride now, but if I can keep my performance and add some comfort, I will try it.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, up until the Rancho RS7000's came out, I would have said to go with the Bilstein 5100's as they are a shock that I have tested and liked very much especially based on their cost. However, the Rancho RS7000's are now out, competitively priced and from what I understand, perform similarly to the 5100's. Because of that, I personally might go with them.

aaronstephen

Well, up until the Rancho RS7000's came out, I would have said to go with the Bilstein 5100's as they are a shock that I have tested and liked very much especially based on their cost. However, the Rancho RS7000's are now out, competitively priced and from what I understand, perform similarly to the 5100's. Because of that, I personally might go with them.

I know these are bit more pricey but how do the Fox 2.0's compare to either shock?

- aaron

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

suicideking

I've been very happy with the 5100's. I've been using them a little over a year and they are pretty smooth and don't cost too much.

I'm probably going to be moving from 2.5" to 4" soon, will consider the Bilstein or Rancho's. Probably go with the 9000's since I got 2 for the front that someone had lying around when they went to 6". He had already given away the rear though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know these are bit more pricey but how do the Fox 2.0's compare to either shock?

- aaron

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I haven't had a chance to test them out but, I'm sure they are really nice but, as you said, more expensive.

Top Bottom