Flush Mount LED’s

I recently purchased the LōD destroyer rear bumper and tire carrier. I am needing flush mount led lights for it. I have been thinking about the Ridgid dually ones or maybe a knockoff brand.

So my question is for those that have or has experience with Ridgid is it really worth spending $200+ for them rather then $30 for some knock-offs? I have see good reviews on both. The light would be just used mostly for backing up a trailer.

WJCO

Meme King
I own both Rigid duallys and a cheap whoknowswhobuiltit LED light bar. Both still function fine, but the Rigids definitely have higher quality in the build structure IMO. I think their light bars are crazy overpriced and I would never buy one, but for pillar lights or small cube LEDs, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

As far as light output, either are bright as fuck and more than you'll ever need.

Just for reference, here's a picture I took earlier this year. The LED lights had been on there a little over 2 years with the Jeep parked outside most of the time. The Rigid Dually pillar lights were installed only 4 months after the LED light bar. You can see that the glass on the Rigids haven't faded as much.

IMG_20181218_195320_803.jpg

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
I would definitely go with the Ridgid lights, being that once you have them mounted on that bumper, you don’t want to have to replace them down the road. I love the ridged dually flood lights for backing up

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’ve installed both and currently run Amazon flush mount knock offs. You can check out my Shark Tank thread if you want to see them. In my honest opinion, the Rigids are so overpriced it is ridiculous.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
There is definitely a difference in light output between the name-brand and off-brand lights. However, for backup lights I personally don't care since I won't be using them much. Im running off-brand lights in my LOD bumper that I paid $35 for and they are pretty damn close to the brightness of the $300+ Rigid D2's I have up front. The light pattern isn't as 'tuned,' and the color temperature isn't as pleasing to the eye, but for the price they're great.

I got mine from a guy a few years ago that sells the off-brand lights on the side (just like the ones we always see on Craigslist, Amazon, etc.) He buys all the parts from China in bulk and has them shipped to a facility in California that assembles them.

Your experience will definitely differ in their warranty. Rigid is pretty damn specific about their warranty. This guy I bought these off told me if I ever have an issue, get in contact and he will replace it.

Last edited:
I have the eBay flush mount cubes for my rear bumper. I had one set last two years due to leaking. I replaced with another eBay set and ran a bead of silicone caulk around the mounting surface to the body on the back of the light. No issues, bright as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom