Almost Tire Time

It’s almost tire time for me and currently I run the Nitto Trail Grappler MT in a 37. But the 37 isn’t a true 37...when I first got them I measured them at a true 36. I’m curious to as if there may be a better option for a true 37 or maybe even a 38. I’ve always been happy with the performance and appearance of the trail grappler but have started considering maybe a Milestar Patagonia Mt but know it’s super soft and hard to find reviews on it.

The important factors....it is my daily driver and I have 5.13 gears with Dana 44 front and rear (both trussed and front C’s) with Yukon axle shafts in the rear and revolution axle shafts in the front.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
It’s almost tire time for me and currently I run the Nitto Trail Grappler MT in a 37. But the 37 isn’t a true 37...when I first got them I measured them at a true 36. I’m curious to as if there may be a better option for a true 37 or maybe even a 38. I’ve always been happy with the performance and appearance of the trail grappler but have started considering maybe a Milestar Patagonia Mt but know it’s super soft and hard to find reviews on it.

The important factors....it is my daily driver and I have 5.13 gears with Dana 44 front and rear (both trussed and front C’s) with Yukon axle shafts in the rear and revolution axle shafts in the front.

Take a look at the Milestar Patagonia MT. They come in a 38/13.5/17. I keep reading good reviews on these tires. I might try them once my Coopers go.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SLO

TG’s are pretty close to being true to size. Did you measure them when they were off the vehicle or were they mounted sitting with the vehicle weight on them? Nitto measures them at 36.85”. To me, that’s close enough. But if you want to go up in size, yes the Patagonia’s in a 38 would accomplish this.

TG’s are pretty close to being true to size. Did you measure them when they were off the vehicle or were they mounted sitting with the vehicle weight on them? Nitto measures them at 36.85”. To me, that’s close enough. But if you want to go up in size, yes the Patagonia’s in a 38 would accomplish this.

They were measured on the vehicle with the vehicle weight. Thanks y’all for the tips. I’ll look more into the Patagonia’s

jorgelrod

Hooked
Advertised sizes not being truthful is nothing new, hate to break it to you, but your tires are always going to run smaller and your Pentastar 3.6L actually has 3.2L of displacement.

Advertised sizes not being truthful is nothing new, hate to break it to you, but your tires are always going to run smaller and your Pentastar 3.6L actually has 3.2L of displacement.

the tire lies I knew about but the engine displacement I did not. Only a few years to go before I can justify the expense of my LS swap :clap2:

DaCooyon

I'm considering the WRANGLER MT/R WITH KEVLAR - SIZE: LT38X14.5R17. There's a $80 rebate available now also.

A.J.

I'm considering the WRANGLER MT/R WITH KEVLAR - SIZE: LT38X14.5R17. There's a $80 rebate available now also.

I have them in 37’s I don’t really like them at all. Worst tire for slick surfaces I have ever had. They are about 1/2 tread now so I will be replacing them soon with something else. Haven’t decided what yet just not them.

Not sure why the fascination with size, if you’re looking for capability I’d take a serious look at the Cooper STT Pros. Given all the great reviews here I put a set of 37s on this week and I’m very impressed. I took them for a first trial run this afternoon and was truly stunned at the quiet road noise. They make my old KM 2 s sound like a broken down steam engine hauling gravel by comparison. I was hesitant to believe all the hype but damn. Can’t wait to get them on a serious trail.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
If your gonna keep the 44's...don't go larger than 37's...even though they aren't 37" exactly...

jesse3638

Hooked
Not sure why the fascination with size, if you’re looking for capability I’d take a serious look at the Cooper STT Pros. Given all the great reviews here I put a set of 37s on this week and I’m very impressed. I took them for a first trial run this afternoon and was truly stunned at the quiet road noise. They make my old KM 2 s sound like a broken down steam engine hauling gravel by comparison. I was hesitant to believe all the hype but damn. Can’t wait to get them on a serious trail.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
These folks probably measured their dick starting at their asshole.
I’m planning on 40s with my 44s. 35 spline shafts and ARBs front and rear. Should hold up just fine from what I’ve seen
Keep telling yourself that. 2wd around town you'll be just fine. Kick it into 4wd and you're asking for trouble. It's your jeep and your money so honestly I don't care.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
I’m planning on 40s with my 44s. 35 spline shafts and ARBs front and rear. Should hold up just fine from what I’ve seen

Make sure you replace wheel bearings with an option that has a warranty and rear axle shafts that will warranty bent flanges. And be prepared to do ball joints every year....and this was with 37s, good luck.

Top Bottom