On-board air system

Hellfire

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

This post is actually for a friend with a ford f-250 desiel...he saw me airing my tires back up today with my on-board system. I'm not sure what brand mine is since it came with the jeep but my compressor is belt driven & I have a small air tank under the hood.

I told him he should look for a electric system to air up his tires for Pismo. He doesn't want to buy a winch so maybe a ABR compressor would be good for him?

rtguy1

u prob have a york compressor. co2 is fast as hell too. powertank makes some nice kits but they are pricey. u can put one together for much less

okjeep

We ran a york on my cj and now run a co2 tank on the yj. both would run a tire from 12psi to 25psi in 60 seconds to 70 seconds a tire on 37" iroks. if your buddy is looking to fill air on a 1 ton and run them to 40 psi, the power plant or a high output electric would work best.

Fanatic

I run an ARB twin as well and it's pretty sweet. Makes short work of filling tires. I mounted mine in the cargo area.

539fc326.jpg

rubicrawl

I run an ARB twin as well and it's pretty sweet. Makes short work of filling tires. I mounted mine in the cargo area.

539fc326.jpg

I have the same twin compressor but haven't installed it yet what's underneath it some kind of box that you installed to mount the compressor and where is your air tank at

Fanatic

I have the same twin compressor but haven't installed it yet what's underneath it some kind of box that you installed to mount the compressor and where is your air tank at

It's mounted on the eBay Molle panels. I just made a platform on top and bingo. The panels were $40 and the supplies for the modification were like $10. Keeps it cool and dry. You will have to make the power and ground longer.
No tank yet. Haven't decided where to mount it yet. You would only need a tank to run tools. I have run an impact without and it will bust lugs loose, but pretty slow if you just lay the trigger. It will fill my 295/70 tire from 12 to 30 psi in about a minute.

Ben-0

Kinda new to this they have co2 systems or tanks for filling tires? Why haven't I heard if this? Any links or anything, I own a paintball field and have both co2 and compressed air systems, I can fill both and I have tanks for both but I wouldn't figure any of the tanks I have would be enough to fill a tire enough for example a 20once co2 tank or even a 68/4500 compressed air tank

Rusty

Here is mine... Overall of the tank,

68645_10151299395647243_1841919658_n.jpg

Output and input of air..

532610_10151299395807243_1122796923_n.jpg

Air gauge up front

156138_10151299395772243_1059096035_n.jpg

Trunk with latch closed...

425609_10151299395657243_997981916_n.jpg

Rusty

Wow. Great setup.

Thanks it took us roughly a week to install only because it took two days to weld the box together / paint...the rest was just taking our time to make it as clean as possible. Very important thing to remember is when drilling through the subwoofer box... don't forget to remove the sub itself and patch the holes with the proper silicone.. otherwise it'll sound like....:icon_crazy: I will be adding a second ARB high output compressor to maintain a higher output of air to maybe be able to use power tools after putting a higher solenoid than 100lbs of air on the tank...

rubicrawl

Thanks it took us roughly a week to install only because it took two days to weld the box together / paint...the rest was just taking our time to make it as clean as possible. Very important thing to remember is when drilling through the subwoofer box... don't forget to remove the sub itself and patch the holes with the proper silicone.. otherwise it'll sound like....:icon_crazy: I will be adding a second ARB high output compressor to maintain a higher output of air to maybe be able to use power tools after putting a higher solenoid than 100lbs of air on the tank...

That just gave me a pretty good idea of where I'm going to put mine now looks great

Top Bottom