Lifting Hard Top by Rhinorack

lonestarnation

Hey guys,

Sorry for the noob question. I'm putting a rhinorack platform on my JK for xmas, and wondering if it's ok to lift the hard top off the JK with the hooks attached to the rhinorack instead of the hard top. I figure it's fine given the strength of the rhinorack backbone system, but thought I'd ask the experts anyway. Thanks.

rubiDave

If you have the Rhino backbone properly installed you can easily lift the hardtop off.
I do it on a regular basis, no problems. I have an electric hoist and attach to the 4 corners of the rack. I do use ratchet straps to support the weight of the top once its up, rather than leaving it hang by the rack.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Yep i do this also. I fabricated a hook which is mounted on the COG of the rack and lift it off with a homemade hoist

Vanhalo

Hey guys,

Sorry for the noob question. I'm putting a rhinorack platform on my JK for xmas, and wondering if it's ok to lift the hard top off the JK with the hooks attached to the rhinorack instead of the hard top. I figure it's fine given the strength of the rhinorack backbone system, but thought I'd ask the experts anyway. Thanks.

I came here seeking an answer to this as well.

I think I just decided to buy the Rhino Rack over a soft top.

Top Bottom