PSC hydraulic lines

desrt4x

Last year I had the PSC assist installed on my 2010 jk. I never liked how he ran the lines to the ram and that he used transmission fluid instead of what was recommended but he said one less fluid to carry and it works the same. I ended up flushing and changing to the proper fluid last summer. I noticed the lines were rubbing so I put a sleeve over the lines so they won’t rub together and hopefully not leak.
Now I noticed more rubbing on the lines up closer to the steering box.
Today I ordered a new set of lines and I am going to reroute but I would like to see how others have routed the lines. Right now it seems like the lines are crossed at the ram and hit the track bar on the way to the gear box. Image1545621219.084984.jpg
Image1545621358.192257.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
Last year I had the PSC assist installed on my 2010 jk. I never liked how he ran the lines to the ram and that he used transmission fluid instead of what was recommended but he said one less fluid to carry and it works the same. I ended up flushing and changing to the proper fluid last summer. I noticed the lines were rubbing so I put a sleeve over the lines so they won’t rub together and hopefully not leak.
Now I noticed more rubbing on the lines up closer to the steering box.
Today I ordered a new set of lines and I am going to reroute but I would like to see how others have routed the lines. Right now it seems like the lines are crossed at the ram and hit the track bar on the way to the gear box. View attachment 317297
View attachment 317298

Back when I had my d44, I ran two 90* fittings off of the ram towards the passenger tire, looped back after the tierod bracket and zip tied both lines back up the trackbar, and left minimal slack to go back towards the box with a straight fitting and a 30* fitting I believe

Two different Jeeps but exact same axle/setup

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

You can kind of see the routing in these pictures

zimm

Caught the Bug
My lines were wearing through. I had a hydraulic shop make new lines with abrasion sleeves (like heavy equipment uses). I also used an old radiator hose and cut a section out to be extra armor for the lower radiator hose. My lines wore a hole through a lower after 10,000 miles. Use lots of zip ties.

I use a 90 degree on one of the cylinder fittings.

jeeeep

Hooked
My lines were wearing through. I had a hydraulic shop make new lines with abrasion sleeves (like heavy equipment uses). I also used an old radiator hose and cut a section out to be extra armor for the lower radiator hose. My lines wore a hole through a lower after 10,000 miles. Use lots of zip ties.

I use a 90 degree on one of the cylinder fittings.

That's how the lines wore on my 2010 - of course the 1 year I don't check them before Moab I blew the hose on the trail.

Had NAPA make up some lines but in my rush to get them installed and back on the trail, I routed them wrong and I've still got a spot rubbing again.

I like the idea of going to passenger and along the track bar, will need to check that out.

Top Bottom