EVO License Plate Relocation Issues

Wowcool

Hey all! I have just installed the EVO hinged tire carrier on my JKU. The install for that went great! However, I am running into an issue with the license plate relocation bracket. When I align the bracket with the wheel studs on the carrier, it is upside down in orientation. Has anyone run into this issue? Am I missing something with this install?

At first I was willing to just ignore this and rely on the bolts to hold it all in place. But when trying to put the plate bracket through the center of the spare wheel, there is not enough clearance.

Should I just grind down the edges a little to make it fit?

I know pictures would really help. I will post some pics in a few hours once I get home. Just curious to know if anyone has run into this yet.

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Can you just flip the part on the carrier with the wheel studs on it?

Edit. Never mind. I thought it was square tubing holding the bracket on.

Last edited:

Wowcool

The only thing I can really think of at this point is to either ask for a new license plate bracket or stick with the one I have. I would need to do some grinding on my current bracket to make it fit inside the wheel. My concern is that only a bolt will be holding it in place if I decide to keep everything inverted.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kingsize

Must had built that one on Friday before the holidays ;)

Give Andrew a ring today @ 714-879-8913. We'll get you all squared away. :thumb:

Robert @ EVO MFG

Top Bottom