PDA

View Full Version : JL JOURNEY : RECAP 2018 - a Year in Review with the Jeep JL Wrangler

wayoflife
12-31-2018, 04:03 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
For Cindy and I, 2018 was truly the dawn of a new age. It was the year when the all new Jeep JL Wrangler would be released and it'd be yet another chance for us to start all over again. Since getting our JL back in February, we've managed to rack up about 20,000 miles and take him from being bone stock to built up and riding on 37" tires. Of course, you know we made sure to wheel him all along the way. In this special edition of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see what the last 12 months have been like for us and get a taste of how our JL JOURNEY began. We hope you enjoy our year in review and we wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRHJhSF4nXU&feature=youtu.be

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!If you missed your chance to WIN a pair of all NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our new drawing and a WINNER will be selected at random and announced before our next video release. :cool:

:thumb:

Wow, been so busy that I totally forgot to pick a winner for shot glasses. Anyway, selected totally at random, the WINNER is rmilobrown!
CONGRATULATIONS :clap2:

Kirkwood1
12-31-2018, 04:27 PM
It looks like your living the dream my man!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

WJCO
12-31-2018, 05:01 PM
Awesome recap. :thumb:

Scoop315
12-31-2018, 05:17 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
For Cindy and I, 2018 was truly the dawn of a new age. It was the year when the all new Jeep JL Wrangler would be released and it'd be yet another chance for us to start all over again. Since getting our JL back in February, we've managed to rack up about 20,000 miles and take him from being bone stock to built up and riding on 37" tires. Of course, you know we made sure to wheel him all along the way. In this special edition of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see what the last 12 months have been like for us and get a taste of how our JL JOURNEY began. We hope you enjoy our year in review and we wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!If you missed your chance to WIN a pair of all NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our new drawing and a WINNER will be selected at random and announced before our next video release. :cool:

Best wishes for a New Year! It looked like a great year for you and Cindy!

TOPLESS
12-31-2018, 05:29 PM
Happy New Year! Awesome video!!

Jeepstermac
12-31-2018, 05:31 PM
Great Video!

RESURECTIONJK
12-31-2018, 05:39 PM
Canít think of a better way to spend the year. Thanks for including all of us along the way. Happy new year guys. See you in a few days!

jeeeep
12-31-2018, 05:40 PM
Damn!! time flies!!

Thanks for all the info and vicarious adventures! :thumb::thumb:

Happy New Year to you and all the Wayalife family :beer:

pop2tu
12-31-2018, 05:47 PM
Awesome recap! Hard to believe 2018 is almost over. Happy New Year everyone!

stragler
12-31-2018, 06:12 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR - Hope 2019 is as exciting as this year has been i'm looking forward to viewing your quality videos in the new year.

wayoflife
12-31-2018, 06:38 PM
It looks like your living the dream my man!!

LOL - we try very hard :cool:
Happy New Year

Awesome recap. :thumb:

Thank you my friend! Happy New Year :rock:

Best wishes for a New Year! It looked like a great year for you and Cindy!

And a very Happy New Year to you :)

Happy New Year! Awesome video!!

Thank you - Happy New Year! :cool:

Great Video!

Glad you liked it - Happy New Year!

Canít think of a better way to spend the year. Thanks for including all of us along the way. Happy new year guys. See you in a few days!

Definitely looking forward to wheeling with you soon :)

Damn!! time flies!!

Thanks for all the info and vicarious adventures! :thumb::thumb:

Happy New Year to you and all the Wayalife family :beer:

Glad we could take you along if only vicariously. Happy New Year! :cool:

Awesome recap! Hard to believe 2018 is almost over. Happy New Year everyone!

It really is crazy how time flies. Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR - Hope 2019 is as exciting as this year has been i'm looking forward to viewing your quality videos in the new year.

Awesome - we hope that we won't disappoint you. Happy New Year :)

danford.lau
12-31-2018, 06:43 PM
Awesome video . Happy new year everyone . I also just looked back at our 2018 and it was definitely a Jeep dominated year of exploration . Started with a road trip through zion, antelope valley, Sedona, and Joshua tree last new year. Have since built up the rig and gone to places like Death Valley, Rocky Mtn NP, Kern River Valley, Shaver Lake, Big Bear, and Sequoia . Will be hitting up the Rubicon and hopefully Moab in 2019!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

TrailHunter
Life is Good. Thanks for bringing us along.... Happy New Year! :beer:

Dale72
Happy New Year to you Eddie and Cindy and to everyone

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

LARSONEM
12-31-2018, 06:48 PM
Great video. I always enjoy watching your productions, the fun you have and the beautiful scenery that surrounds your trips. Talk about being able to live a dream.

BaddestCross
12-31-2018, 06:48 PM
Seeing everything together like that shows how crazy busy you guys were this year. 🤪

Cool watching the progression of the JL. Looking forward to watching what 2019 has to bring!

Happy New Year to you and Cindy... See you in a couple days! 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Andy5160
12-31-2018, 06:51 PM
Great way to summarize start of the new JL era
Happy New Year [emoji312]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

wayoflife
12-31-2018, 06:57 PM
Awesome video . Happy new year everyone . I also just looked back at our 2018 and it was definitely a Jeep dominated year of exploration . Started with a road trip through zion, antelope valley, Sedona, and Joshua tree last new year. Have since built up the rig and gone to places like Death Valley, Rocky Mtn NP, Kern River Valley, Shaver Lake, Big Bear, and Sequoia . Will be hitting up the Rubicon and hopefully Moab in 2019!

Awesome to hear you were able to have a fun filled year with your Jeep! Happy New Year :)

Life is Good. Thanks for bringing us along.... Happy New Year! :beer:

Life is definitely good! Looking forward to seeing you soon. Happy New Year :)

Happy New Year to you Eddie and Cindy and to everyone

And a very Happy New Year to you as well :)

Great video. I always enjoy watching your productions, the fun you have and the beautiful scenery that surrounds your trips. Talk about being able to live a dream.

Thank you, we're so glad to hear you enjoy our videos. Happy New Year!

Seeing everything together like that shows how crazy busy you guys were this year. 🤪

Cool watching the progression of the JL. Looking forward to watching what 2019 has to bring!

Happy New Year to you and Cindy... See you in a couple days! 🍻

If you can believe it, we didn't even put everything we could have in and that was just for the JL :crazyeyes:

Great way to summarize start of the new JL era

Thank you. Happy New Year :)

OverlanderJK
12-31-2018, 07:27 PM
Looks like a slow year. Only one thing a month. 🤪

RESURECTIONJK
12-31-2018, 07:46 PM
Wasnít the Rubicon in September ? I could have sworn it was.

wayoflife
12-31-2018, 07:49 PM
Looks like a slow year. Only one thing a month. 🤪

LOL!! I know, we really need to up our game. :crazyeyes:

Funny thing is, we actually left a lot out including trips we didn't film. Of course, we left out anything that wasn't JL related. :icon_crazy:

Wasnít the Rubicon in September ? I could have sworn it was.

Nope, it was in October this year.

RESURECTIONJK
12-31-2018, 07:53 PM
LOL!! I know, we really need to up our game. :crazyeyes:

Funny thing is, we actually left a lot out including trips we didn't film. Of course, we left out anything that wasn't JL related. :icon_crazy:

Nope, it was in October this year.

Man Iíve gone full retard these last few weeks! 🤪

wayoflife
12-31-2018, 07:56 PM
Man Iíve gone full retard these last few weeks! 🤪

Ya know, it may be I who's gone full retard. We did the run in September but posted the video in October. Just got a bit mixed up on my end - been a week of sleepless nights. :crazyeyes:

RESURECTIONJK
12-31-2018, 08:07 PM
Ya know, it may be I who's gone full retard. We did the run in September but posted the video in October. Just got a bit mixed up on my end - been a week of sleepless nights. :crazyeyes:

I think itís safe to say you guys get a pass... SEMA, JLX LA auto show etc etc etc. I have no idea how you guys do it.

DMF
12-31-2018, 08:21 PM
Happy New Year guys! I wouldn't mind reliving 2018 if I were in your shoes. Hope it's even better in 2019.

benatc1
12-31-2018, 08:28 PM
Loved the recap! Crazy how fast this year has gone. Happy to have been part of it. Excited to see what 2019 has to offer. Happy New Year!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Clearskies
12-31-2018, 08:37 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Happy New Year!
Cool vid Eddie... As always.

19YJ94
12-31-2018, 09:20 PM
Great to see a New Year's video, just awesome. Thanks again. Happy New Years!

rmilobrown
12-31-2018, 11:19 PM
OUTSTANDING! Poor Moby, over in the corner. Dad brought home a Hot young girlfriend. Never ending supply of stuff for the new kid! LOL! Great video, Happy New Year Everyone!

Brute
12-31-2018, 11:21 PM
That was a lot of film editing...but worth the effort. As usual, another great video.

Happy New Year!

Slimebones
12-31-2018, 11:33 PM
Another outstanding video, even for you guys! Happy New Year right back at you!

robx251
12-31-2018, 11:41 PM
Another amazing video Eddie and Cindy. Really makes me want to move out west and get into some better wheeling areas.

2016 JK Rubicon
35-12.5 R17 Radar Renegade R7 MT
2.5 budget boost
10k Winch/stubby bumper
Trucklites
TYT9800 / Pro510XL
KC1IMA

Labricon
01-01-2019, 12:17 AM
Another amazing video. Thanks for taking us us along as virtual co-pilots for the 2018 adventures!
[emoji898]Happy New Year🥂

QuicksilverJK
01-01-2019, 12:31 AM
Happy new year!! Jet Li sure has grown up in such a short time.

wayoflife
01-01-2019, 12:45 AM
I think itís safe to say you guys get a pass... SEMA, JLX LA auto show etc etc etc. I have no idea how you guys do it.

LOL!! I think those all happened in November but thanks :crazyeyes:

Happy New Year guys! I wouldn't mind reliving 2018 if I were in your shoes. Hope it's even better in 2019.

Glad to hear you're the kind of guy who likes long work days and few hours of sleep :crazyeyes: :D

Loved the recap! Crazy how fast this year has gone. Happy to have been part of it. Excited to see what 2019 has to offer. Happy New Year!!

It went by stupid fast and I hope we can get you out with us more in 2019 :thumb:

Happy New Year!
Cool vid Eddie... As always.

Thank you - Happy New Year!

Great to see a New Year's video, just awesome. Thanks again. Happy New Years!

Technically, it was all this year's video ;) :crazyeyes: :D
Glad you enjoyed it and hope you have a great New Year!

OUTSTANDING! Poor Moby, over in the corner. Dad brought home a Hot young girlfriend. Never ending supply of stuff for the new kid! LOL! Great video, Happy New Year Everyone!

:cheesy: Moby's been getting love - just not a whole lot of air time is all. :crazyeyes:

That was a lot of film editing...but worth the effort. As usual, another great video.

Happy New Year!

What's crazy is that it was all stuff we had already made into videos and it was still a ton of work to break it down into something new. Glad you enjoyed it - Happy New Year!

wayoflife
01-01-2019, 12:47 AM
Another outstanding video, even for you guys! Happy New Year right back at you!

LOL - thank you. Happy New Year!

Another amazing video Eddie and Cindy. Really makes me want to move out west and get into some better wheeling areas.

There is a lot to see and do out here for sure. :yup:

Another amazing video. Thanks for taking us us along as virtual co-pilots for the 2018 adventures!
[emoji898]Happy New Year🥂

You're most welcome - Happy New Year!

Happy new year!! Jet Li sure has grown up in such a short time.

It's been a pretty fast pace for sure but about what Moby saw back in 2007. :crazyeyes:

wjtstudios
01-01-2019, 01:35 AM
An amazing year for you guys! Weíre all so blessed to have you and Cindy and for sharing your experiences and adventures with us. On to 2019, Happy New Year!!

Bear_JKU
01-01-2019, 04:47 AM
Great video Cindy and Eddie! Time flies by so quick. Happy New Year!

JAGS
01-01-2019, 07:24 AM
Hell of a year! Amy and I just finished watching. ďHe did a lot of lift kitsĒ Amy said towards the end. Lol.

USMC Wrangler
01-01-2019, 08:12 AM
Looking forward to more of your extremely well done videos in 2019! Cheers! 🥃

ItalianStyle
01-01-2019, 09:47 AM
As always, another great product from the WAYALIFE team. Thank you Eddie and Cindy for sharing your memories of an exciting and action packed year! Looking forward to seeing more in 2019 and most importantly, receiving our new JLU so we too can share some of our off-raoding adventures from Italy! Happy New Year to everyone in the Wayalife family!

frenchjk
01-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Best Wishes from France...:honey::honey::honey:

jdofmemi
01-01-2019, 03:05 PM
Great compilation to see a little of all the trips.

I had to cast it up on the big TV so we could enjoy it more.

It is inspiration to me for our own JL journey that is starting.

See you later this week

cozdude
01-01-2019, 03:22 PM
You guys had a busy year with tons of journeys! Loved following your adventures as always! Happy new year!

wayoflife
01-01-2019, 05:07 PM
An amazing year for you guys! Weíre all so blessed to have you and Cindy and for sharing your experiences and adventures with us. On to 2019, Happy New Year!!

Thanks, it really had been a hell of a year but really, every year is like that for us. I think this is just the first time we documented so much of it.

As far as blessing goes, I have to say that it is we who feel so fortunate to have awesome guys like you here on WAYALIFE, sharing your builds and trips and of course, good times here on the forum. Happy New Year to you :thumb:

Great video Cindy and Eddie! Time flies by so quick. Happy New Year!

Man, it really does. Happy New Year to you :)

Hell of a year! Amy and I just finished watching. ďHe did a lot of lift kitsĒ Amy said towards the end. Lol.

:cheesy: And those are just the ones we filmed!! :crazyeyes:

Looking forward to more of your extremely well done videos in 2019! Cheers! 🥃

Thank you, we're so glad to hear you've been enjoying our videos. Happy New Year :)

firejeeper
01-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Once again another awesome video. It was great to see the progression of changes throughout the year. Always enjoy the trips. Thank you for all of your work that you put in to this. Looking forward to more. Happy New Year!

wayoflife
01-01-2019, 05:09 PM
As always, another great product from the WAYALIFE team. Thank you Eddie and Cindy for sharing your memories of an exciting and action packed year! Looking forward to seeing more in 2019 and most importantly, receiving our new JLU so we too can share some of our off-raoding adventures from Italy! Happy New Year to everyone in the Wayalife family!

Be sure to post up pics of your JL once you get yours! Happy New Year :)

Best Wishes from France...:honey::honey::honey:

Thank you, Happy New Year!

Great compilation to see a little of all the trips.

I had to cast it up on the big TV so we could enjoy it more.

It is inspiration to me for our own JL journey that is starting.

See you later this week

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing you and your family soon :thumb:

You guys had a busy year with tons of journeys! Loved following your adventures as always! Happy new year!

We just need to get you out with us again. Happy New Year!

Ddays
01-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Really cool recap of the year! I watched this last night and of course ended up watching several other videos and as usual cursed my geographical location. It's just Just so awesome out West :cool:

wayoflife
01-01-2019, 07:12 PM
Really cool recap of the year! I watched this last night and of course ended up watching several other videos and as usual cursed my geographical location. It's just Just so awesome out West :cool:

Well, if we can ever get you out this way, we'd love to show you around :thumb:

RESURECTIONJK
01-01-2019, 08:19 PM

I only live about 6 hours east of them and I still havenít been able to make a trip happen. Pitfalls of having a Years schedule planned out first of the year. This year will be different though.

Jkzinger
01-01-2019, 10:27 PM
Awesome recap to 2018! Looking forward to a great 2019 of great wheeling videos!

Ddays
01-02-2019, 12:09 AM
Well, if we can ever get you out this way, we'd love to show you around :thumb:

That would be an absolute dream trip! I thought this was going to be the year but we have a wedding this Summer so looks like maybe 2020. Got my fingers crossed it all lines up!

I only live about 6 hours east of them and I still havenít been able to make a trip happen. Pitfalls of having a Years schedule planned out first of the year. This year will be different though.

I'd love to have a couple days in Moab on that trip!

Jsouder53
01-02-2019, 12:43 AM
Definitely seems like it has been a busy but good year! How many sets of coils and shocks did you go through on Jet Li? Lol

Happy New Year!

RanchoRubi
01-02-2019, 02:32 AM
Finally got some focused time to see this.

Just So Awesome !!!

How can anybody not want a jeep to explore?

Great job Eddie and Cindy[emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

jesse3638
01-02-2019, 03:39 AM
Awesome recap. It was a busy year for sure. 20k miles is no joke.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

sunnysideup
01-02-2019, 05:14 AM
It's been great watching the new JL, one thing is for sure... it will have a fun life!

rubiDave
01-02-2019, 01:15 PM
Pretty cool seeing everything you've done to Jet Li in just a year.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Angry Aussie
01-02-2019, 03:28 PM
Why does the audio not work for me on all videos? Iím excited to watch this video. Help!

wayoflife
01-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Awesome recap to 2018! Looking forward to a great 2019 of great wheeling videos!

Thanks! We'll be filming our very first this weekend :thumb:

Definitely seems like it has been a busy but good year! How many sets of coils and shocks did you go through on Jet Li? Lol

Happy New Year!

I think we showed 4 on the video but there was at least one more that we didn't get in. :crazyeyes:

Finally got some focused time to see this.

Just So Awesome !!!

How can anybody not want a jeep to explore?

Great job Eddie and Cindy[emoji122]

Thanks Et, looking forward to seeing you soon! :cool:

Awesome recap. It was a busy year for sure. 20k miles is no joke.

Being that we work from home and have other Jeeps that we do drive... yeah, 20k was a bit surprising even to us :crazyeyes:

It's been great watching the new JL, one thing is for sure... it will have a fun life!

So glad you've been enjoying what you've been seeing so far :)

Pretty cool seeing everything you've done to Jet Li in just a year.

And that's just the start of it all :crazyeyes:

2007 JKU CANADA
01-02-2019, 03:38 PM
Great video, A year has gone by already since getting JetLi . Looking forward to another year of videos and everthing else you two do for us here on Wayalife and JLWrangler. Thank you again :honey:

wayoflife
01-02-2019, 03:38 PM
Why does the audio not work for me on all videos? Iím excited to watch this video. Help!

Not trying to be a smart ass here but is there any chance that you've got YouTube on mute? There should be no reason why you can't hear audio on this video.

wayoflife
01-02-2019, 03:40 PM
Great video, A year has gone by already since getting JetLi . Looking forward to another year of videos and everthing else you two do for us here on Wayalife and JLWrangler. Thank you again :honey:

Thank you. We've got a LOT more coming your way in 2019. :thumb:

Linebacker
01-02-2019, 03:55 PM
Really an excellent video of a pretty big year in the Wayalife community. I look fwd to new episodes of the JL Journal.

wayoflife
01-02-2019, 05:00 PM
Really an excellent video of a pretty big year in the Wayalife community. I look fwd to new episodes of the JL Journal.

Thank you and as we've been doing all year, you can expect at least one video from us a week :yup:

RESURECTIONJK
01-02-2019, 05:27 PM
Thank you and as we've been doing all year, you can expect at least one video from us a week :yup:

Still curious to see what Santa Mel sent for Jet Li a few weeks back... [emoji848]

Jsouder53
01-02-2019, 07:02 PM
I think we showed 4 on the video but there was at least one more that we didn't get in. :crazyeyes:

Thatís crazy! Which set has been your favorite so far?

Bugtuth
01-02-2019, 07:24 PM
Great video and awesome year.

fiend
01-02-2019, 09:37 PM
Enjoyable video , as always. Your JL has come a long way, and taken you guys a long way. Happy New Year!

Samuelh3
01-02-2019, 09:41 PM
This was one of my favorite videos. Love being able to reflect back as see all the changes on my rig as well as all the memories made over the year.

Thunder
01-03-2019, 05:31 AM
Awesome! Loved it!!
Here's looking forward to an even better 2019!

Houndy95
01-07-2019, 02:35 AM
Awesome recap of the year. Really enjoyed watching the transformation of Jet Li. Cant wait to see what this year has in store! :thumb:

longarmwj
01-07-2019, 04:11 AM
Watched the video as soon as it dropped but just now replying. Amazing video and an awesome way to show the build progression of your JL. Canít wait to see what 2019 brings for it!!

wayoflife
01-16-2019, 07:41 PM
Wow, been so busy that I totally forgot to pick a winner for shot glasses. Anyway, selected totally at random, the WINNER is...

Congratulations rmilobrown! :clap2:

RESURECTIONJK
01-16-2019, 07:46 PM
Wow, been so busy that I totally forgot to pick a winner for shot glasses. Anyway, selected totally at random, the WINNER is...

Congratulations rmilobrown! :clap2:

Congrats! I was thinking that was odd lol.

Bear_JKU
01-16-2019, 07:48 PM
Congratulations rmilobrown!

WJCO
01-16-2019, 08:11 PM
Congrats :thumb:

BaddestCross
01-16-2019, 08:23 PM
Congrats and enjoy! 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

RESURECTIONJK
01-16-2019, 08:36 PM
This also must mean that weíre getting a video soon... [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

rmilobrown
01-17-2019, 04:04 AM
COOL! Thank you!, Thank you! Cheers.

tunp
02-15-2019, 06:26 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Wow, been so busy that I totally forgot to pick a winner for shot glasses. Anyway, selected totally at random, the WINNER is rmilobrown!
CONGRATULATIONS :clap2:Looking

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WJCO
02-15-2019, 06:37 PM