Lifetime Engine Guarantee?

So I received this email from the dealer where I purchased my Jeep today and honestly have no idea what it’s referring to. I did the online chat with Chrysler and they said there is nothing in their records about such a service. I didn’t purchase any sort of extended warranties or protection plans and have done all the routine maintenance myself but at the same time don’t want to void something that may be beneficial if it’s real. Any thoughts? And what would the ‘treatment’ my engine is getting? Want to make sure I’m at least doing it on my own properly and up until now (1 year/~30k miles) has only been oil changes, diff fluid change, and tire rotations. I’m still somewhat new to being so methodical and trying to stay on top of it plus I enjoy the work.

IMG_2557.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Never heard of such a thing. Call the service manager and ask him/her what your lifetime engine guarantee is all about.

A.J.

So I received this email from the dealer where I purchased my Jeep today and honestly have no idea what it’s referring to. I did the online chat with Chrysler and they said there is nothing in their records about such a service. I didn’t purchase any sort of extended warranties or protection plans and have done all the routine maintenance myself but at the same time don’t want to void something that may be beneficial if it’s real. Any thoughts? And what would the ‘treatment’ my engine is getting? Want to make sure I’m at least doing it on my own properly and up until now (1 year/~30k miles) has only been oil changes, diff fluid change, and tire rotations. I’m still somewhat new to being so methodical and trying to stay on top of it plus I enjoy the work.

View attachment 318260

Most likely they have a chemical company that does a lifetime engine warranty if you use their product at certain intervals. I know BG does this. Possibly others as well.

Gbint

Sounds like they’re using an aftermarket company that sells additives allowing them to claim that as long as you follow their programs.

bhaner

When I got my 2016 JK the dealer gave me a lifetime engine warranty as well. I don't remember them saying I had to have them change the oil or anything.

They did say all I would have to do is bring it to them if I had an issue.

I said doubt that would happen. I live in WA and got the jeep in ND.

Top Bottom