K&N, aFe, or AEM???? Which cold air intake do I choose?

Sniperwolf48

Who is the better performer for my 08 Sahara? This is my first Jeep and im coming from a saturn ion (lmao i know), so fuel efficiency is key as is performance. Im looking at AEM Brute Force which would give about 13 more hp and 15 lbs/ft of torque. Can someone steer me in the right direction?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I've run a few of these and others you haven't listed and all of them are pretty much the same thing. I now run an AIRAID and mainly because it is CARB complient and helped me to pass CA smog without any issues.

PilotJK

Just to add a question on this thread... Once a cold air intake is installed is there anything else needed to be done? Such as to the chip or something?

Xodius

Banned
Just to add a question on this thread... Once a cold air intake is installed is there anything else needed to be done? Such as to the chip or something?

There is ALWAYS something to add. ;) just a matter of if you want it.

CAI does not require a chip or tuning but they would help.

Ben-0

You don't need to chip it out however you get more out of the intake system if you have a tune for the intake

Ben-0

How do you tune it?

Like you said you have a banks, banks have a specific tuner and tune for your jeep with their intake, or you can take it to a place where they dyno test it and creat a custom tune specific for what you want

TheDuff

8.17 is pretty decent gain. Looks like a solid 3+ HP across the board. When u figure these 3.8's seem to dyno between 130-160hp, any gain is welcome. But to really compare what is best, you would need all the different intakes st your disposal and do a few pulls each on the same dyno, on the same day, on the same rig. I'm willing to bet they are all gonna be real close in results.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ben-0

^ agreed its pretty much opinion based from there, I'm a k&n guy myself but I keep an open mind haha

Sniperwolf48

Cool thx again everyone. I do believe I'm going with the AEM Brute Force. Amazon has it for $233!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Im not a fan of CAI's. I am just going to throw a drop in K&N filter in my stock housing and call it good. The other day after checking my oil, I had the jeep runnin and put my hand over the intake hole. The amount of air that is moving in was enough to create a pretty solid suction, Im happy with stock and an upgraded filter. My 2cents

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Ben-0

I would get a CAI just for offroad alone, to put a hydrophobic pre-filter, keep water dirt and mud out of your filter and engine then the mpg and increase performance would just be a bonus

tonywjk

I have the AFE and it runs well, double check the part number when ordering, The "company" i ordered it from sent me the wrong one, needed to call afe direct to straighten it our, but happy with it

Top Bottom