Ball joints or something else?

Kevgund

So I noticed yesterday that when I turn my steering wheel slightly at lower speeds I hear a sound, kind of like a knock. I am not feeling any excessive vibration when driving at normal speeds.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced that type of noise. It happens when I turn my wheel less than a 1/4 turn in either direction, just a single thud or knock sound.

Any assistance would be appreciated. If it is ball joints are there any replacement brands you'd suggest?

Thank You

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds more like you have a loose bolt causing something like your track bar to shift to one side or the other as you turn your wheel.

wjtstudios

Hooked
^^^this^^^

Or the drag link. You may try getting the front end up in the air and try to manually move the tires and listen and feel for that knock. It might be easier to track it down that way.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

could also be tie rod. I recently had a similar issue and once someone else turned the steering wheel so I could touch the components and feel for vibrations I was able to feel a tie rod end vibrate/click and my track bar end. Within a few days it turned into a death wobble. Replaced the tie rod end and the track bar joint and turning noise went away and no issues.

I had a similar sound, mine turned out to be my drag link. Replaced it and sound went away. Mine did it at slow speeds turning and when I came to sudden stops.

Kevgund

Thank you all for the responses.

I am hoping driving it until I get a chance to fix it isn't a issue or will make it worse.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom