Tie rod/TRE that fit 15" wheels?

supercell

I'm looking for a tie rod that will fit my 15" 3.75" backspaced Level 8 Tracker Pro wheels. From reading other threads, it looks like Synergy is my best bet. I'd prefer something cheaper and aluminum though. What are my options? The StinkyFab one looks cool and cheap ($230)

supercell

Cheap and good don’t go together. Just get a factory one if you want cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. Who wouldn't want to pay less? I'll pay premium as long as it's not weak as stock. My factory one is super bent. Anyone know of any aftermarket options that fit 15" wheels?

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I am not sure if it fits with 15s, but I was very happy with my synergy tie rod, and it went to a good friend when I traded my jeep in. Very beefy and worth the price, whatever that was.

supercell

I am not sure if it fits with 15s, but I was very happy with my synergy tie rod, and it went to a good friend when I traded my jeep in. Very beefy and worth the price, whatever that was.

That looks like my best bet. Their website says 16" wheels fit so maybe I can take the chance.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That wasn't the point I was trying to make. Who wouldn't want to pay less? I'll pay premium as long as it's not weak as stock. My factory one is super bent. Anyone know of any aftermarket options that fit 15" wheels?

Clearly you won’t pay extra since you bought 15” wheels. I guess I dont wheel since I still run a factory one after 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If anyone is gonna fuck up a factory one it’s Overlander [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] But he has a point. Cheap and strong don’t go together and as mentioned above a factory one can be had for next to nothing, which is essentially what you hinted at in your first post.

USMC Wrangler

FWIW, a buddy of mine runs 15” wheels and a factory TR. He bends it and straightens it out with a Harbor Freight press a few times then finds a free or next to free one on Craigslist nearby. I’d say he gets about 18 months out of his and he drives like a jackass off-road.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Damn, I saved for a while to afford these wheels. Sorry I don't like load range E tires as my only option.

17" has D range. What size tire are you running on a 15" ? Seems like a lot of side wall with a 15". I was waiting I kind of figured this thread would change to your wheel size.

TheGrendel

17" has D range. What size tire are you running on a 15" ? Seems like a lot of side wall with a 15". I was waiting I kind of figured this thread would change to your wheel size.

i went 15s on my JKR. i was happy with 35s on a 2 door. feel like the sidewall was perfect.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
i went 15s on my JKR. i was happy with 35s on a 2 door. feel like the sidewall was perfect.

Just curious what would be the benefit of running a 15" wheel. I'm not positive but aren't most vehicles made now or even in the past 10 years 17" and up. I would think there would be a lot more choices in tires in the larger wheel size.

TheGrendel

Just curious what would be the benefit of running a 15" wheel. I'm not positive but aren't most vehicles made now or even in the past 10 years 17" and up. I would think there would be a lot more choices in tires in the larger wheel size.

no real benefit. i just liked the look. it reminded me of the days when i was a kid and everyone was rolling around on 15 inch wheels and 33 inch tires were HUGE!

i stuck with 17s on my current Jeep.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
no real benefit. i just liked the look. it reminded me of the days when i was a kid and everyone was rolling around on 15 inch wheels and 33 inch tires were HUGE!

i stuck with 17s on my current Jeep.

Yea remember those. I just googled "what rim size is most common on SUV's" and it said The most popular wheel size in the U.S. is the R15. It is installed on 50% of U.S. passenger cars and light SUVs. So I stand corrected.:doh:

TheGrendel

Yea remember those. I just googled "what rim size is most common on SUV's" and it said The most popular wheel size in the U.S. is the R15. It is installed on 50% of U.S. passenger cars and light SUVs. So I stand corrected.:doh:

as a kid growing up with country boys, this was a dream vehicle.

k5 blazer.jpg

supercell

I like the look the best and you save a crap ton of money. Weight savings you could argue for 15s too. Lr c I can air down and have crazy sidewall flex which is awesome. Also lots of tire brands with 17" wheels only offer 35s/37s in LR e which isn't ideal imo, it's just rough. This may be misinformation, but I think 15" wheels hold the bead slightly better too, cause it sits super tucked in and tight and they're harder to mount. Somone wanna refute that? Downside is more exposed/thin sidewall, but if you get a nice mud tire, they seem to hold up better. I popped my ko2s twice. Also you're obviously limited to steering/brake/knuckle upgrades. If youre only gonna go 35s and wanna save a lot of money, I think 15s are a great option. Im running 35s to whoever asked.

Last edited:

supercell

Anyway, what about the metalcloak dog legged Tre? A guy reviewing them says they fit his 15s? Anyone have experience with that or similar?

TheGrendel

Anyway, what about the metalcloak dog legged Tre? A guy reviewing them says they fit his 15s? Anyone have experience with that or similar?

seemed like they had some issues early on. but, lately i haven't seen many problems.

you might want to contact exodus jeeps. bubba is a sponsor on here and he builds Tie rods. he might be able to build a tie rod with ends that fit your requirements.

Top Bottom