Soft Top Advice

kttx740

With a baby on the way I can no longer have a leak in roof in the backseat of my JKU. It is time for a new soft top. There are a ton of options out there, but I want to know which top YOU purchased along with the pros AND cons of that top.

Ready. Set. Go!

newtdog

When I needed a new soft top I just looked on craigslist. I bought a brand new one in the box for $300. Unless you're looking for something in particular, I would just go that route.

Pro's: no leaks and a good price.
Con's: none yet!

Halas

If you have a soft top and need a new one, can't you get a replacement top and keep the hardware?

For a new baby you may want to look at the new Bestop black twill nx, it is heavy duty and supposedly thicker = quieter!

kttx740

If you have a soft top and need a new one, can't you get a replacement top and keep the hardware?

For a new baby you may want to look at the new Bestop black twill nx, it is heavy duty and supposedly thicker = quieter!

Does that have the rear window with a slant?

Halas

No, you are thinking of the trektop nx.

There is also a super top nx which is the same as the mopar stock.

This year they came out with the super top nx black twill which is a step above the super top nx. It has a high end material which is thicker and quieter but still the same box look. I think you can get it as a replacement top and use the same hard wear which will save you a few bucks.

kttx740

No, you are thinking of the trektop nx.

There is also a super top nx which is the same as the mopar stock.

This year they came out with the super top nx black twill which is a step above the super top nx. It has a high end material which is thicker and quieter but still the same box look. I think you can get it as a replacement top and use the same hard wear which will save you a few bucks.

Is it one of these you are talking about? http://www.quadratec.com/products/11132_1003_07.htm http://www.quadratec.com/products/11132_023X_PG.htm

cj2jk

I have a brand new jeep replacement top just the canvas you can use your hardware that I will sell you if interested for 195. Shipped

cj2jk

As soon as I get home I will send you the part number this is brand new in box never opened. If you pm me your address I can see how much shipping would be maybe I can give you a better price just because its the way of life thing to do. I am in ny

kttx740

As soon as I get home I will send you the part number this is brand new in box never opened. If you pm me your address I can see how much shipping would be maybe I can give you a better price just because its the way of life thing to do. I am in ny

PM sent. Thanks!

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Looking to replace my factory 2008 jk 2 door soft top. I would like to get one that doesn't leak around doors and top of windshield every time it rains. I live in the Southeast rain can be a big deal sometimes. Any recommendations?

Sent from JK OIIIIIIO

Beyrgut

I got a Trektop NX and for the most part love it. My only complaint is the right front door surround broke at the crossbar mount last weekend. So I checked the left one and it is cracked, both rears are fine. The top is only a few months old so a little bummed to say the least. I haven't had a chance to contact Bestop to see about warranty replacement yet but I was able to gorilla glue the broken piece back on in the interim.

Broken piece on right
WP_20130831_002-10x5.jpg

Left side cracked
WP_20130831_003-10x5.jpg

Top Bottom