Rough country front track bar bracket

Braxtonsag

I am very skeptical buying anything rough country but just wondering if any of you have hands on experience with the axle side bracket. I’m flipping my drag link and trying to find a bolt on track bar bracket but the only 2 I can find is synergy and rough country. Obviously the synergy is better but it’s also more than double the price and from what Ive researched I’m assuming It will lock my rock krawler disconnects up because of its mounting location.

If the rough country is a decent bracket I’d like to just pick it up and avoid spending 3x the money after figuring out a relocation for my sway bar links.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
American steel vs Chinese steel? That being said I had the RC on my previous jeep for a couple years without any issue nor have I heard of any failures with that bracket. I would think it's okay but I'm sure someone else with more experience can chime in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

fiend

Caught the Bug
I had the synergy bracket on my stock Dana 44 for several years. It worked great. No issues. Only reason I’m not still running it is that I swapped in a Prorock 44 and no longer needed a bolt on bracket.

The only Rough Country product I have is an evap canister skid plate. It appears to be well made and I’ve had no issues with it. That said, it’s not a critical component like a track bar bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Braxtonsag

By all means I’m sure the synergy is definitely better, I just don’t know if it’s 3x the money better. Especially when I only get to abuse my Jeep a handful of times per year. That’s kind of my thought process atm. I’d love to have the synergy, but if I don’t NEED it I can get it later or better yet get a new axle that comes with a bracket pre welded. My current focus is being able to install this drag link flip so I won’t wander all over the county roads anymore on my daily work commute

J

JKDream

American steel vs Chinese steel? That being said I had the RC on my previous jeep for a couple years without any issue nor have I heard of any failures with that bracket. I would think it's okay but I'm sure someone else with more experience can chime in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There's nothing on Synergys website indicating this is a Made in the USA product.

There’s probably a reason it’s double the price....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's weird, I thought the same thing too when I bought my Synergy balljoints that cost twice as much as the Moog ones. Too bad they lasted 10,000 kilometers before developing play.

By all means I’m sure the synergy is definitely better, I just don’t know if it’s 3x the money better. Especially when I only get to abuse my Jeep a handful of times per year. That’s kind of my thought process atm. I’d love to have the synergy, but if I don’t NEED it I can get it later or better yet get a new axle that comes with a bracket pre welded. My current focus is being able to install this drag link flip so I won’t wander all over the county roads anymore on my daily work commute

This one doesn't look too bad, it has the same mounting style as the Synergy model (one u-bolt and and a couple of bolts). Seems to be the same thickness as well. The better option would be to use the money saved to have it welded on. I've installed this Synergy bracket previously and thought the swaybar mounting tabs were pretty poorly designed to be honest.

Just so you know, a draglink flip won't fix wandering. That's a caster issue. The flip only resolves bump steer.

Last edited by a moderator:

zimm

Caught the Bug
Skip the bolt on and go synergy weld on. Pay the local welder to burn it in for $50. You'll be way better off in the end. I threw my evo bolt on bracket in the trashcan. :eek:

TheGrendel

Is bolt on really that bad? Lol

i had a bolt on bracket from MC in my rear that was fine for the 3 years i ran it. this time around I used a Synergy bracket and the ubolt snapped on me before hitting their recommended torque numbers. said screw it and ran over to a shop to have the front and backs welded. if i were to do it again, i would only go weld on.

Top Bottom