Next round of upgrades, looking for some feedback

jorgelrod

Hooked
So Tax season, er upgrade season is coming and I'm looking at the next set of upgrades. I'm Still on the fence about making the jump to 37's at this time because I still haven't done the brake upgrade yet and I figure at least that and maybe moving my rear to 35 spline should be done prior to that jump. The upgrades I've currently targeted are:

JKS 3.5 Lift with the Fox 2.0 with Reservoirs and the drag link flip
Evo Protek Skid system for the oil pan, tranny and crossmember
KM3, Trail Grapplers or STT Pros, I'm starting to lean towards the coopers just on the fact that I can get the 5 tires for $340 lower than the TG or KM3
(On the Fence)
MCE Fenders (these might get pushed back, I also want to get a 65" TV to watch Wayalife videos on Youtube)

Thoughts?

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
1)If you aren’t going 37s I’d skip the 3.5” lift.
2) if you have t hit your oil pan/trans cooler lines by now. Doubt you’ll need the skids.
3)no need to waste money on new fenders, stock ones do great (cut or uncut).
So I’d say new tires (assuming 35s) or go for that new tv. :thumb:

SLO

What’s your goal? Daily driver? How much do you wheel? Rocks, dirt trails, mud, etc?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
So Tax season, er upgrade season is coming and I'm looking at the next set of upgrades. I'm Still on the fence about making the jump to 37's at this time because I still haven't done the brake upgrade yet and I figure at least that and maybe moving my rear to 35 spline should be done prior to that jump. The upgrades I've currently targeted are:

JKS 3.5 Lift with the Fox 2.0 with Reservoirs and the drag link flip
Evo Protek Skid system for the oil pan, tranny and crossmember
KM3, Trail Grapplers or STT Pros, I'm starting to lean towards the coopers just on the fact that I can get the 5 tires for $340 lower than the TG or KM3
(On the Fence)
MCE Fenders (these might get pushed back, I also want to get a 65" TV to watch Wayalife videos on Youtube)

Thoughts?
Check out Walmart for those Coopers I think you can save even more. They are $265 each.

And this
2) if you have t hit your oil pan/trans cooler lines by now. Doubt you’ll need the skids.:thinking:

Last edited:

Bear_JT

Hooked
After running both, I like the Coopers better than the TG. So I’d go that route. Also if you upgrade shocks, you can save a little money with the non reservoir Fox 2.0’s. I’ve been very happy with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
1)If you aren’t going 37s I’d skip the 3.5” lift.
2) if you have t hit your oil pan/trans cooler lines by now. Doubt you’ll need the skids.
3)no need to waste money on new fenders, stock ones do great (cut or uncut).
So I’d say new tires (assuming 35s) or go for that new tv. :thumb:

I do plan on going 37's eventually, I'm not completely sold on running 37's on my 30 spline rear right now. Now that I moved stateside, I've started to find new terrains to play like rocks and the like and want to hit places like Moab, Colorado, the Rubicon and the like.

In Puerto Rico it was only mud, but here as I've started playing in some rocks, I've wondered about the oil pan/trans cooler lines.

What’s your goal? Daily driver? How much do you wheel? Rocks, dirt trails, mud, etc?

Jeep is still my daily driver, I'm trying to get out there at least once a month, I'm seeing a little bit of everything as the Jeep clubs here like to go north to the ORV parks looking for rocks and challenges.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I do plan on going 37's eventually, I'm not completely sold on running 37's on my 30 spline rear right now. Now that I moved stateside, I've started to find new terrains to play like rocks and the like and want to hit places like Moab, Colorado, the Rubicon and the like.

In Puerto Rico it was only mud, but here as I've started playing in some rocks, I've wondered about the oil pan/trans cooler lines.

Jeep is still my daily driver, I'm trying to get out there at least once a month, I'm seeing a little bit of everything as the Jeep clubs here like to go north to the ORV parks looking for rocks and challenges.

Do you still have a D 30 front housing?

fiend

Caught the Bug
I would get a skid plate for the transmission. The lines are very exposed. Oil pan skid could be beneficial too.

Reservoir shocks are handy for high speed stuff. The reservoirs help keep the fluid cool. If you’re not doing high speed stuff, maybe direct the funds elsewhere.

MCE fenders are awesome, assuming you’ve decided to go the plastic route over metal. But the MCEs are expensive and aren’t functionally better than cut stockers. I think MCEs look better, but that’s purely subjective.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Do you still have a D 30 front housing?

No, I have a PR44

I would get a skid plate for the transmission. The lines are very exposed. Oil pan skid could be beneficial too.

Reservoir shocks are handy for high speed stuff. The reservoirs help keep the fluid cool. If you’re not doing high speed stuff, maybe direct the funds elsewhere.

MCE fenders are awesome, assuming you’ve decided to go the plastic route over metal. But the MCEs are expensive and aren’t functionally better than cut stockers. I think MCEs look better, but that’s purely subjective.

I'm thinking that I can definitely live without reservoir shocks as there is not a whole lot of high speed desert running in Florida

Last edited:

kmac107

IMG_0303.JPG
I have a 3” lift on 37s moving to 40s soon on the same lift, I cut my stock fenders and that works well as many times they have had to flex out of the way for trees and other trail obstacles
The 35 spline axles I think would be a waste of time if you wheel hard enough to break 30spline you have already looks at Dana 60s

jorgelrod

Hooked
View attachment 319584
I have a 3” lift on 37s moving to 40s soon on the same lift, I cut my stock fenders and that works well as many times they have had to flex out of the way for trees and other trail obstacles
The 35 spline axles I think would be a waste of time if you wheel hard enough to break 30spline you have already looks at Dana 60s

Point Taken.

If you don’t have a good set of sliders, I’d prioritize those over fenders.

That was the first mod I did after landing stateside. I love my LODs

Last edited:

Seahawkfan

Hooked
The Cooper's are cheaper than that in the link from the forum, and you help support the forum as well.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50979-Cooper-Tire

Just thought I would mention that.

Yes they are actually the same price. I'm in a little bit of a different situation I'm not home to receive the delivery. This route gave me the option to pick them up in store, So when I get home I can just swing by and pick them up. If I was home I would definitely go this route.

Last edited:
Top Bottom