Backup camera

Eloucha

I am searching for a good backup camera to go on spare tier. My radio is flashed by dealer any recommendations and thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop

Caught the Bug
I am searching for a good backup camera to go on spare tier. My radio is flashed by dealer any recommendations and thank you

The Accele RVCLPMBS from Crutchfield is pretty good and adjustable. I put this on my spare tire mounted license plate and I’m happy with it. Excellent view without too much fish eye.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I have the BrandMotion camera attached to my stock head unit. It’s nothing great but way better than nothing. The guide lines are worthless but the instructions tell you how to turn them off. It comes with a programmer so it turns on when you put it in reverse as well as a bracket to mount behind the spare.

Image1548455146.104002.jpg

Eloucha

I have the BrandMotion camera attached to my stock head unit. It’s nothing great but way better than nothing. The guide lines are worthless but the instructions tell you how to turn them off. It comes with a programmer so it turns on when you put it in reverse as well as a bracket to mount behind the spare.

View attachment 319593

View attachment 319594 i found this and debating Bc I don’t know how the night vision and like u mention parks lines too.

Eloucha

The Accele RVCLPMBS from Crutchfield is pretty good and adjustable. I put this on my spare tire mounted license plate and I’m happy with it. Excellent view without too much fish eye.

Sorry to bother u how abt night vision and parks lines ?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
View attachment 319594 i found this and debating Bc I don’t know how the night vision and like u mention parks lines too.

Night vision is garbage. Have to lightly tap on the brakes to get a little light to see. If you have bright rear aux lights it would be good.

Edit: that’s a different version from the one I have. I got mine from Qtec and I think it was around $500 or so.... I’m thinking because it includes a programmer... or maybe I got robbed.

Last edited:

Coop

Caught the Bug
Sorry to bother u how abt night vision and parks lines ?

It has very good night vision and parking lines are included and can be turned off. I have a 37 inch spare tire and just couldn’t see well behind. Almost ran over a neighbor and l decided it was time to take action. I have this tied to my Trail Dash 2. I’m adding the same to my wife’s JKU also, but with a remote screen I’m mounting at the A pillar. Just tying the power to the back up light circuit.
The camera was $90 and remote screen was$25.

Last edited:

Coop

Caught the Bug
Not a great picture but there are two Allen head set screws below the camera head that allow for adjustment. IMG_1999.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
2nd vote for brandmotion. There package is the nicest I've seen or used, and I'm on my 5th camera.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I got one of these and it’s been great. Super cheap too.

Backup Camera, Esky Car Rear View Reversing Mini Camera With 170° Perfect View Angle Design HD Color CCD Waterproof Universal Car Backing Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GSFIJS6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_h85sCbT5VXP13

That’s a great camera too. I have two of those for views underneath. Esky cameras are only $20 apiece and appear to be very well made.

Ddays

Hooked
I bought a wireless wifi camera at a horse show last October and forgot about the damn thing until last weekend. I bought it so the wife could use it on the back of her horse trailer when she's backing up (That's what I told her anyways ;)).
I dug it out and hooked it up to a car battery in my living room and got it up and running. It's fairly small, so you can mount this thing pretty much anywhere. I thought about having multiple mounts so I could move it up front to use as a foward looking cam like the Gladiator is going to have.

71XKXxa4E2L._SY355_.jpg

It's really early but so far it looks really promising. The camera generates it's own wifi signal so other than the power cord, there's no other wires to hook up. I hooked it up to my ipad that I have mounted in my Carrichs mount in the dash and it worked great in the living room. I love the fact that I will be able to have it on full time so I will be able to see behind me as I'm driving. A cool feature is that you can see from the camera on any device as long as you download the software. It works on iphones, ipads & Android devices.

I have to get it mounted on my EVO carrier and then I'll do a bunch of pics & better review. Here's a link to the camera on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.ca/SVTCAM-SV-928WF-Wireless-Trailer-Andriod/dp/B077ZLBKDF

Edit: Scratch the forward mounted camera idea - the image will be backward as this is a rearview camera (duh).

Last edited:

Eloucha

I bought a wireless wifi camera at a horse show last October and forgot about the damn thing until last weekend. I bought it so the wife could use it on the back of her horse trailer when she's backing up (That's what I told her anyways ;)).
I dug it out and hooked it up to a car battery in my living room and got it up and running. It's fairly small, so you can mount this thing pretty much anywhere. I thought about having multiple mounts so I could move it up front to use as a foward looking cam like the Gladiator is going to have.

View attachment 319597

It's really early but so far it looks really promising. The camera generates it's own wifi signal so other than the power cord, there's no other wires to hook up. I hooked it up to my ipad that I have mounted in my Carrichs mount in the dash and it worked great in the living room. I love the fact that I will be able to have it on full time so I will be able to see behind me as I'm driving. A cool feature is that you can see from the camera on any device as long as you download the software. It works on iphones, ipads & Android devices.

I have to get it mounted on my EVO carrier and then I'll do a bunch of pics & better review. Here's a link to the camera on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.ca/SVTCAM-SV-928WF-Wireless-Trailer-Andriod/dp/B077ZLBKDF

Edit: Scratch the forward mounted camera idea - the image will be backward as this is a rearview camera (duh).

I wish I know abt this one before I flashed my stock radio. But good to know always I use it for some else& maybe extra camera on jeep it doesn’t hurt

Coop

Caught the Bug

With Esky cameras you can flip the wiring and the image is flipped back to normal if you want a forward view.[emoji51]

Eloucha

With Esky cameras you can flip the wiring and the image is flipped back to normal if you want a forward view.[emoji51]

View attachment 319601 so with esky does I need alpine pin to add to my stock radio. And does esky come with enough wires to reach the back of jeep

Coop

Caught the Bug
View attachment 319601 so with esky does I need alpine pin to add to my stock radio. And does esky come with enough wires to reach the back of jeep

The Esky comes with enough wire, depending of course how you route it. RCA plug with power wire.

Top Bottom