Lift Kit Question

conner

So I’ve been running coil spacers since I got my jeep because I was on an extremely tight budget. They have been great so far and haven’t given me any issues off-roading. The thing is, they ride like shit. I’m also considering when I graduate in May, to make a trip out to Moab with some buddies, and I know they won’t be ideal. So I have been saving up to buy a new lift kit, shocks, and go with 37s. Obviously I know 37s on a d30 is not ideal or recommended, but I will be beefing up the 30 and I’ll run it till it breaks. So my question is what lift kit do you guys recommend for 37s? I want it to ride pretty smooth, just don’t know what options I should be looking at. Thanks guys.

A.J.

Oh yeah! You’ll want 4” of backspacing or less on the wheels(spacers work) trim the rear pinch seam and a new front drive shaft. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Do more research about what it takes to do 37s the right way. I think you will find that it may be beyond your budget. Also probably beyond your needs. Aside from the most extreme trails, you can do many trails at Moab on 35s or even 33s.

TheGrendel

is the front pr44 still available? just got in a fucked up situation and need one asap

i saw you post this on the marketplace. not trying to start stuff. but, if you were already having issues and were looking for a replacement front, why are you trying to put money into your D30?

conner

i saw you post this on the marketplace. not trying to start stuff. but, if you were already having issues and were looking for a replacement front, why are you trying to put money into your D30?

so the issue with my 30 ended up not being what i thought. we thought that my 30 was bent but it was a problem caused elsewhere. after further inspection my 30 should be good to go.

conner

Do more research about what it takes to do 37s the right way. I think you will find that it may be beyond your budget. Also probably beyond your needs. Aside from the most extreme trails, you can do many trails at Moab on 35s or even 33s.

Believe me i know what you’re saying. Ive been looking into it and I see why you’d say to do that, but after I went to 4 wheel parts and one of the workers let me drive his jeep on 37s on a d30, and do some minor offroading, I’ll probably keep it on and just take it easy until I can afford either buying a jeep on salvage auction (probably what I want to do for a little interior upgrade, and some backup suspension parts, etc.) or buying a pr44. Regardless a d44 is in my plans for the near future. Thanks a lot though, I’m still weighing out my options so thanks for the input

Top Bottom