Pros and Cons of Recessed Winch

JethroJK

So I have been researching various front bumpers. I have settled on OR FAB front stubby bumper with stinger and am having a hard time deciding whether or not to buy the recessed winch type or top mounted type. So for those that that own a recessed or a top mount winch what are you thoughts?

One factor that I am trying to overcome is the recessed does not allow for retention of the factory fog lights but the top mount type does accommodate the factory fog lights. Also a recessed winch requires the vacuum pump relocation and the top mount does not...:thinking:

dahreno

Banned
recessed also gives lower center of gravity . Also there are lots of stubby bumpers that allow you to retain factory fogs . Here is mine
123.jpg
[/IMG]

JethroJK

recessed also gives lower center of gravity . Also there are lots of stubby bumpers that allow you to retain factory fogs . Here is mine
123.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks nice. I didn't think about the lower center of gravity. I like the OR FAB. Probably will go with recessed and then use the factory fog light wiring to setup a light bar or something.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was trying to decide the same for a little while, and wanted to keep my fogs, but after upgrading my headlights I basically stopped using my fogs so I didnt see the need to find a bumper that kept them. I went with the evo 1/4 pounder and eventually will just use the stock wiring to use a bar or move my duallys.

JethroJK

I was trying to decide the same for a little while, and wanted to keep my fogs, but after upgrading my headlights I basically stopped using my fogs so I didnt see the need to find a bumper that kept them. I went with the evo 1/4 pounder and eventually will just use the stock wiring to use a bar or move my duallys.

I was thinking the same thing in regards to the light bar, so I can live with the fogs for a little while and get that after I get the winch for the bumper.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was thinking the same thing in regards to the light bar, so I can live with the fogs for a little while and get that after I get the winch for the bumper.

havnt tried it myself yet...but did see someone use the stock fogs as rocklights which was creative

Top Bottom