RVC Boot Replacement

A.J.

Good Day All! I replaced my RVC boot tonight. After I was done there was a large puddle of transfer fluid by my wheel. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

As others have said you might have damaged the seal. It's amazing how much a little spreads though so it might just be spillage from removing the axle. Especially if it is the longer passenger side. I usually jack the side I am pulling up extra so less runs out if I am only pulling one side. Just keep an eye on it for a few days and see if it keeps coming out or stops.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I will be pulling both my front shafts soon when I replace my unit bearings. I’ll try and take note to see how much if any spills out. I’ll update here once I do.

A.J.

I will be pulling both my front shafts soon when I replace my unit bearings. I’ll try and take note to see how much if any spills out. I’ll update here once I do.

Do one side at a time and raise that side up extra so it doesn't spill as much. I assume you know you don't have to pull the axles to do the bearings. Upgrading axles too?

Do one side at a time and raise that side up extra so it doesn't spill as much. I assume you know you don't have to pull the axles to do the bearings. Upgrading axles too?

Haha yeah I know that it’s not part of it. But I’ve ran her hard over the last year so I want to pull them and inspect for any issues. I doubt I’ll find any but since I’ve got the unit bearings off it’s nothing more than a little extra to pull them for added piece of mind.

Slimebones

Haha yeah I know that it’s not part of it. But I’ve ran her hard over the last year so I want to pull them and inspect for any issues. I doubt I’ll find any but since I’ve got the unit bearings off it’s nothing more than a little extra to pull them for added piece of mind.

Just keep in mind, each time you pull them, you run the risk of slicing the seal with the splines on the shaft, they are sharp. Keep it to a minimum. Grease them. Just sayin.

Top Bottom