Hypertech forTuner for 2012+ JK's

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Im very interested, if it does to my jeep like it did to my friends truck I would buy it because his truck has some freaking power after he put it in! :yup:

RubiconRon

Im very interested, if it does to my jeep like it did to my friends truck I would buy it because his truck has some freaking power after he put it in! :yup:

Doesn't have any information for performance increase. 1363143263054.jpg

Always looking for a trail!

rtguy1

One thing I did notice is it only allows u to lower the tpms system to 2 psi, not fully disable it. This means u will have a dash light if you have removed the sensors from your wheels. :naw:

TheDuff

One thing I did notice is it only allows u to lower the tpms system to 2 psi, not fully disable it. This means u will have a dash light if you have removed the sensors from your wheels. :naw:

Oh, now that's some BS, you would think they would know better than that

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff

Oh, now that's some BS, you would think they would know better than that

Well, it says this on one of the pages:
Adjustable Features
Speedometer\Odometer Correction For Gears 2.82:1, 3.07:1, 3.21:1, 3.42:1, 3.55:1, 3.73:1, 3.92:1, 4.10:1, 4.56:1, 4.88:1, 5.13:1, 5.38:1
Speedometer\Odometer Correction For Tire Sizes 22.5 - 44 inches 1/4 inch increments
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Threshold Adjustment 2 psi to 100 psi for All tires, front tires, or rear tires
On-The-Fly Differential Locking Control In All Modes (Rubicon Only)
On-The-Fly Electronic Swaybar Disengagement For 4Hi and 2WD swaybar disengages up to 25MPH and 4Lo disengages up to 18MPH (Rubicon Only)
On-The-Fly Instant Idle Override 500 – 2000 RPM, in 50 RPM increments
On-The-Fly Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Disable

Says disable there:confused:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
The email I had from Hypertech was that you only needed the part number 705006 and you can tune the 3.6. You don't need the other module. That was from their tech support.

TheDuff

The email I had from Hypertech was that you only needed the part number 705006 and you can tune the 3.6. You don't need the other module. That was from their tech support.

I'm sure that is just for the interceptor, the 2 harness pieces in the install video. Which by themselves just intercept the signal from the factory sensors, and send a altered signal to the computer in an attempt to create more power. The other module is needed for shift point/speedo changes due to larger tires or regearing, tpms changes, and the like. If you already own a pro cal or something similar than you probably won't need this other programmer. But if your in for the whole package like a lot of people have been waiting for, then its gonna be $549 atm.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I'm sure that is just for the interceptor, the 2 harness pieces in the install video. Which by themselves just intercept the signal from the factory sensors, and send a altered signal to the computer in an attempt to create more power. The other module is needed for shift point/speedo changes due to larger tires or regearing, tpms changes, and the like. If you already own a pro cal or something similar than you probably won't need this other programmer. But if your in for the whole package like a lot of people have been waiting for, then its gonna be $549 atm.

I've got a friend installing it on his rig tonight. I'll find out what he has to say about it in a day or two. I'll let everyone know.

jkjurny

What are the pros/cons of an interceptor versus just reprogramming the computer? Diablo and Bully Dog reprogram versus intercepting/altering the signal.

I'm guessing that bricking your computer is a con for the computer programmers if something goes bad.

TheDuff

What are the pros/cons of an interceptor versus just reprogramming the computer? Diablo and Bully Dog reprogram versus intercepting/altering the signal.

I'm guessing that bricking your computer is a con for the computer programmers if something goes bad.

They a different means to the same end. Both ways have been used for a long time. I prefer a programmer, that's my personal preference. I'd like it even more if the programmer allowed me to take my rig to a dyno and have a tech fine tune the maps specifically for my engine and mods, which I'm sure can be accomplished by way of dropping a lot of money on a universal standalone, but that's way out of my budget. I've been quiet pleased with my trail dash in my 09 jk and am hoping for something the same, if not better for the pentastar. This setup offers some of the same features, but lacks the ones which are most important to me personally, especially for the same price as my current unit. Having the ability to monitor almost every sensor in real time on the trail dash is priceless to me. I'm not trying to discredit this product in anyway, its new, we don't know what its fully capable of yet. But unless it makes some real good reliable power, I don't see it justifying the cost. unless of course, nothing better comes out for the 12-13.

Top Bottom