70th Anniversary Edition

TomDabb

I looking to pick up possible soon. I read over and over and driven several noting the power difference between the 3.6 and 3.8, but I really like the 2011 transitional interior.
My question: From the factory is the rear end gearing for the automatic and 6 speed the same? The Jeep I’m considering is manual. Generally will it feel better picking up than the auto?
Sure I will test drive it but it’s 4 1/2 hours away.
Feelers - thank you
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

Gearing will most likely be the same - the only reason for a difference would be if one of them has the max tow package. (I think).

But it doesnt matter, do yourself a favor and skip the 3.8. No amount of interior quirks are worth dealing with it.

TomDabb

Gearing will most likely be the same - the only reason for a difference would be if one of them has the max tow package. (I think).

But it doesnt matter, do yourself a favor and skip the 3.8. No amount of interior quirks are worth dealing with it.

Thanks boardsurfer for the thoughts - only reason I’m thinking about the 3.8 is that I had to trade my ‘13 bc of the heater issue that repeated itself after I replaced the radiator, water pump and yup heater core all twice. A nightmare and too much stress on me not having heat or close to adequate warmth. It might sound crazy but at 92k mikes I had enough. I wish Chrysler would recognize the casting sand issue and own up to it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom