Need some help with my crappy exhaust

I know the info is on here somewhere but I can't find it. Could use some help before my exhaust drives me nuts. I have a Magnaflow Performance system exhaust on my 2011 JKU and I love not having the muffler in the back but the drone is not good. It's starting to seriously suck. It really wasn't that bad until I put on the 37's but that couple hundred RPM change made a big difference. Didn't expect that.
I'm thinking I read a fix here where someone added a Dynomax? muffler or something that solved the problem and quieted it down. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

A.J.

Or you can just take it to your local muffler shop and have a 30” glass pack put on with a turn down in front of the axle. Easy cheap durable and one smooth piece tucked up inside the frame rail. Sounds beefy but not annoying and no drone.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Or you can just take it to your local muffler shop and have a 30” glass pack put on with a turn down in front of the axle. Easy cheap durable and one smooth piece tucked up inside the frame rail. Sounds beefy but not annoying and no drone.

Thanks, we have an exhaust shop that’s a sponsor for our local club. I’ll get in touch and see if they have a recommendation.

wjtstudios

Hooked
If you still have the factory resonator you can put that in front of the magnaflow muffler and it will significantly reduce the drone. If you want the drone gone, you’ll need to do the glass pack.

Sorry for the delayed response, the snow here is causing all kinds of issues with the power and internet.

So going to ask the dumb question of the day. What does the resonator look like on the 2011 3.8? I'm looking at the exhaust schematic and don't see it. I see one on the 3.6.

MericaMade

I just cut the resonator out and replaced it with a flowmaster bullet muffler. I removed the stock muffler and let the stock pipe that connected to it just point to the ground. Sounds like all the others for 80 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BaddestCross

I know, so has anyone solved the drone problem of the Magnaflow without just replacing the whole thing and starting over?

I don't know what the Magnaflow sounds like, so not sure what's objectionable to you. I run the Dynomax Rock Crawler on mine... It drones, but I personally like the sound.

I don't know why you couldn't do what others suggested above and add a glass pack before the muffler you already have. I would think it would have the same effect.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I have a 3.6 and the magnaflow rock crawler exhaust haven't had any issues and it sounds great and has been a great product, will try to post a video of it later but it's snowing balls right now so maybe a couple days.

I don't know what the Magnaflow sounds like, so not sure what's objectionable to you. I run the Dynomax Rock Crawler on mine... It drones, but I personally like the sound.

I don't know why you couldn't do what others suggested above and add a glass pack before the muffler you already have. I would think it would have the same effect.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I guess there is confusion about the different magnaflow products. There is no room in front of my Magnaflow performance system muffler. I’ll take her to a muffler shop and see what they think.

JKbrick

Good thing you have a 4 door so you have room to add a resonator, my new muffler went from the bolted flange clear back to where it turns up to go over the axle. Maybe your problem is the length of the exhaust because my 2 door doesn’t drone at all

Top Bottom