Recommendations to lower the Jeep.

tylertakesphotos

Hey guys, looking for some recommendations. My Jeep is on a Teraflex long arm 4" lift with Falcon 6" shocks and PS fenders. I'm currently running 37s but might move up to 38s (Still on D44s).

I'm rather happy with the suspension setup currently, but it sits taller than I think it needs to be. I'd love to keep the articulation and travel I have now and drop it down .5"-1" if I can get away with that. I'd love to get it a bit more stable when off camber.

What kind of challenges am I looking at from you guys running similar setups? I was looking at a lower lift Evo plush ride spring, thoughts?

Thanks!

Attachments

• ST_GEORGE_2-22_19_40.jpg
    ST_GEORGE_2-22_19_40.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 252
  • ST_GEORGE_2-22_19_43.jpg
    ST_GEORGE_2-22_19_43.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 20190216_173229.jpg
    20190216_173229.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 261

wjtstudios

Hooked
Ive seen a couple JKUs running 3” plush rides with 37s and trimmed or aftermarket fenders with no issues. Just check you bump stop heights.

P1140725.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

MericaMade

I run 37's and Evo 3 inch with trimmed fenders. Drew from Evo said because I am running BFG's that are smaller then other 37s it shouldn't be a issue and he has been right so far. I feel that aftermarket fenders give you more clearance over a cut stock fender, so it may come down to your tires.

To add if you looking to lower your stance and add bigger tires you might end up at the same height.

Last edited:
Can't help with your question but your Jeep looks great. Those wheels look awesome on a white JK!

Hey guys, looking for some recommendations. My Jeep is on a Teraflex long arm 4" lift with Falcon 6" shocks and PS fenders. I'm currently running 37s but might move up to 38s (Still on D44s).

I'm rather happy with the suspension setup currently, but it sits taller than I think it needs to be. I'd love to keep the articulation and travel I have now and drop it down .5"-1" if I can get away with that. I'd love to get it a bit more stable when off camber.

What kind of challenges am I looking at from you guys running similar setups? I was looking at a lower lift Evo plush ride spring, thoughts?

Thanks!

tylertakesphotos

Ive seen a couple JKUs running 3” plush rides with 37s and trimmed or aftermarket fenders with no issues. Just check you bump stop heights.

Yeah, I don't really want to add any more bump stop if I can avoid it. I'm really happy with the flex and travel I have now. I just want it to sit lower for a bit more stability, and I also like the look a whole lot more.

I run 37's and Evo 3 inch with trimmed fenders. Drew from Evo said because I am running BFG's that are smaller then other 37s it shouldn't be an issue and he has been right so far. I feel that aftermarket fenders give you more clearance over a cut stock fender, so it may come down to your tires.

To add if you looking to lower your stance and add bigger tires you might end up at the same height.

That's good to hear! Maybe I'll give Evo a call today and see what they recommend. THanks for your input man, Jeep looks AWESOME!

Can't help with your question but your Jeep looks great. Those wheels look awesome on a white JK!

Thanks man! I really love these Hutchinsons Beadlocks. They are a lot easier to assemble than a traditional ring beadlock and they are DOT approved (for whatever that is worth). And although I never blew an inner bead on my old beadlocks, it is nice to know both inner and outer beads are locked. My only complaints are that they are heavy and the offset isn't very agressive... I need to install spacers if I want to run these and keep a rear sway.

4” EVO plush ride coils.

Are you saying the Evo 4" springs are going to lower it? I'm on a 4" Teraflex spring now as it is. I know the Evo springs are a step up in quality for sure, but I'd love to lower the stance if I can when I change springs.

Yeah, I don't really want to add any more bump stop if I can avoid it. I'm really happy with the flex and travel I have now. I just want it to sit lower for a bit more stability, and I also like the look a whole lot more.

That's good to hear! Maybe I'll give Evo a call today and see what they recommend. THanks for your input man, Jeep looks AWESOME!

Thanks man! I really love these Hutchinsons Beadlocks. They are a lot easier to assemble than a traditional ring beadlock and they are DOT approved (for whatever that is worth). And although I never blew an inner bead on my old beadlocks, it is nice to know both inner and outer beads are locked. My only complaints are that they are heavy and the offset isn't very agressive... I need to install spacers if I want to run these and keep a rear sway.

Are you saying the Evo 4" springs are going to lower it? I'm on a 4" Teraflex spring now as it is. I know the Evo springs are a step up in quality for sure, but I'd love to lower the stance if I can when I change springs.

^this^ they will settle to about 3.5 inches which is right where I’m at. This is exactly what I’d be doing. You could also do the 3” plush rides with a spacer for the same effect. But I’d just run the 4” plush rides and let them settle. You’re heavy enough that you’ll get the height you’re looking for

F

Fionayeti

I run the Evo 4' Plush springs and I think we're at the same height by looking and comparing your pics with mine. So unless you go to shorter springs - a 3.5" spring let's say, the 4" Evo springs won't gain you anything. They're soft, but still remain at their height with great stability.

If you like your suspension them keep it. It's hard to get a perfect suspension! If you're after stability perhaps a wider tire or lesser backspacing with help with stance. Or if you travel/offroad with lots of heavy crap, roof racks, etc, it will mess with your center of gravity and will make your ride unstable. Even any additional weight like heavy steel bumpers, skids, etc will make your ride unstable, depending on the trail and how it affects the suspension. Basically, get rid of any unnecessary weight and you'll see how stable your ride gets! I know, not profound...but it amazes me how many times I see jeeps loaded up with so much crap and steel and stuff, and they can't make it up a simple incline or the rig teeters and totters throwing their whole jeep everywhere! Scary. Hope I helped. Probably not:)

tylertakesphotos

I run the Evo 4' Plush springs and I think we're at the same height by looking and comparing your pics with mine. So unless you go to shorter springs - a 3.5" spring let's say, the 4" Evo springs won't gain you anything. They're soft, but still remain at their height with great stability.

If you like your suspension them keep it. It's hard to get a perfect suspension! If you're after stability perhaps a wider tire or lesser backspacing with help with stance. Or if you travel/offroad with lots of heavy crap, roof racks, etc, it will mess with your center of gravity and will make your ride unstable. Even any additional weight like heavy steel bumpers, skids, etc will make your ride unstable, depending on the trail and how it affects the suspension. Basically, get rid of any unnecessary weight and you'll see how stable your ride gets! I know, not profound...but it amazes me how many times I see jeeps loaded up with so much crap and steel and stuff, and they can't make it up a simple incline or the rig teeters and totters throwing their whole jeep everywhere! Scary. Hope I helped. Probably not:)

I agree entirely! I've seen a lot of rigs with lots of crap on top (racks, tents, top mounted recovery gear, hi-lift, etc...) and the COG up that high causes them to be so tippy! Nope, not for me. I live in Utah and do mostly rock crawling type wheeling in Moab, Sand Hollow, Northen Utah granite type stuff so I'm trying to keep weight down as much as possible. I do have steel fenders that I may be removing. Front/rear bumpers, sliders, winch, etc... as well. I am probably going to do spacers as the Hutchinsons beadlocks do have a lot of backspace and are tucked in rather tight. I don't think I have a lot of unnecessary weight myself.

Measure your lift, to see how much actual lift you have. Don’t go by what the coils claim they are. Unless your Jeep is extremely heavy, I’ll bet you have much more than 4 inches.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...Jeep-JK-Wrangler?p=21017&viewfull=1#post21017

Thank you, that is a good idea and I should have measured my actual height already. And you are right, I'm pretty sure I also have a lot more lift than 4"... I had mine parked next to a friends rig on 40s with a 4" lift and a 1" spacer, and I was maybe sitting about 1" shorter at the roof. I really think my rig will handle better offroad and look better with shorter springs under it.

Top Bottom