How much is too much for a transmission rebuild

KeroJK

Ran low on fluid, seems like I have to replace the whole thing now, trustworthy shop, been around for 25 years and has great reviews. I was quoted a full rebuild for 3100 total with a 3-year unlimited mile warranty. Am I paying too much?

The jeep is a 2007 2dr auto with the 42RLE (I think) it's currently at 115k and it leaked too much eventually slipping, brought it in to fix the leak initially was just gonna fix the leak for me but ended up telling me they could not get the Torque converter out and that he is worried that the leak might have damaged stuff.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

trailraider

Sounds on par, if its a good rebuild.Is this price include the R&R? . I have seen lots of re-builders reuse components in their rebuilds. so I would ask that question. Mopar rebuilds are $3310.00 retail. you may be able to sweet talk the price down. and they come with a good warranty.

KeroJK

What is r&r in this case? I will ask also you are saying that if I take this to jeep its 3310 total? Sorry noob

jeeeep

Hooked
Ran low on fluid, seems like I have to replace the whole thing now, trustworthy shop, been around for 25 years and has great reviews. I was quoted a full rebuild for 3100 total with a 3-year unlimited mile warranty. Am I paying too much?

The jeep is a 2007 2dr auto with the 42RLE (I think) it's currently at 115k and it leaked too much eventually slipping, brought it in to fix the leak initially was just gonna fix the leak for me but ended up telling me they could not get the Torque converter out and that he is worried that the leak might have damaged stuff.

Thank you

That's about what i got quoted when i thought my 2010 JK transmissions was bad.

KeroJK

Okay so the torque convert isn't coming out, now I'm at 3500 because we can't rebuild mine. He would need to buy a rebuilt one, 2800 dollars in parts plus +700 labor. This has a different warranty though, 24k miles 2 years. he quoted me 2100 for a used one with around 100k miles on it when we first got at this. Is that worth it at all?

Top Bottom