Loss of acceleration

Kindabeefy

I was driving on the freeway and then I heard two loud thumps and then I lost all acceleration and had to pull off to the shoulder. As I was pulling over the battery light and the traction control light came on. Once I was off I gave it some gas and the motor didn't rev up or anything. I looked under the hood but I didn't see anything. I turned it off and then back on and then it worked. Pretty weird not sure what is happening?

Brute

Hooked
Are you sure it was a battery warning light?...was it red with two lightening bolts?...that would be your throttle control warning light, and has put your engine in limp mode...this just happened to my jeep

Kindabeefy

There is no check engine light. It has 60,000 miles on it. I just bought it so I am not that familiar with it but you are right it is the throttle control. I have had this Jeep for 1 month and have already had the heads changed and the thermostat changed.

Are you sure it was a battery warning light?...was it red with two lightening bolts?...that would be your throttle control warning light, and has put your engine in limp mode...this just happened to my jeep

^^^this^^^ It’s why I mentioned the check engine light. If it was bad enough to cut all the power and go into limp mode then it hopefully stored some codes. I see you’re in Utah. Shoot me a text. If you’re up near salt lake or the Provo area I have a great shop that my buddy owns. He’ll make sure you’re taken care of. PM me if you want my number.

Top Bottom