Jeep in Limp Mode - TPS?

Alan McDermott

I drove my jeep about 15 miles today. On the way home the throttle response went to nothing. I assume it went into "Limp Mode". I was able to make it home going about 5 miles an hour, no throttle response whatsoever, it just barely had enough fuel response to idle home.

The check engine and Electronic Throttle Control Lamps lit.

Just prior to this drive, I sprayed brake cleaner (I didn't have carb spray) on the serpentine belt and pulleys, because recently I had antifreeze spray on the engine compartment and belt causing it to squeal. That was an attempt at a temporary fix. I didn't spray any directly on any sensors. To reach the pulleys I removed the air intake hose from the air box to the intake air "valve"

MY scan tool is showing codes
P0113 Intake Air Temp Sensor 1 High Temp
P0123 Throttle Poisiotn Sensor High Input
P0128 Coolant Thermostat
P0222 Throttle Position Sensor B Low Input
P2111 Throttle Actuator Contorl Sysyem - Stuck open
P2135 Throttle Position Sensor "A"/"B" Voltage Correlation

Should I try cleaning the sensors with electric cleaner spray? Is there a way to test the TPS sensor? Could the intake valve just be sticking? It is cold out, about 15 degrees.

Recent work done included replacing the oil cooler and having the heater core flushed, if that is relevant. No codes were showing after that.

Any help is appreciated.

2012 JKU Rubicon with 95K.

Last edited:

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I would go through and check all the connectors for everything that would have been disconnected for the oil cooler change. One may have been not fully seated while reconnecting everything.

Top Bottom