BUILDING a DYNATRAC PROROCK 44 : A Close Up Look at How an Awesome Front Axle is Made

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It was a little over 10 years ago that Cindy and installed our very first Dynatrac product on Moby, a ProRock 60 front axle. Since that time, we've been able to rack up well over 150,000 miles, driving him all across America and putting his axle to the test, all along the way. Now, that would include testing it out on dirt, across the sand, through the snow, in the mud, out on tons of rocks and of course, bombing our way across the desert. While it may not look as pretty as the day we got it installed, it is worth nothing is that everything on it is still 100% original. In other words, the housing, ring and pinion, locker, axle shafts and u-joints are all the same things that we've been punishing, all this time. And, it's because of this long resume of use and abuse that we were convinced, a Dynatrac was going to be the axle for us, when it came time to upgrade the one on our Jeep JL Wrangler.

In this feature length video, you'll get learn all about the Dynatrac ProRock 44 being made for the Jeep JL Wrangler, what makes it such an awesome front axle and see how it's made from start to finish, right here in the U.S.A.! We hope you enjoy our presentation and find it to be informative.

Clearly, a ProRock 44 is far from being something everyone needs and I might even go so far as to say, most people may never need. Certainly, churching it up and trying to convince you of otherwise is NOT the reason why Cindy and I decided to make this video series. All we would ever hope to do is share why we chose to get one for our JL Wrangler and based on our experiences running ProRock axles over the last 10 years and across thousands of miles on Moby, Rubicat and even Nemo. However, I wouldn’t want you to take my word for it. Instead, I would encourage you to look through the myriad of videos that we’ve made since 2007 and see for yourself, just how strong and reliable, all our Dynatrac axles have been for us. Thanks for watching. :cool:

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of all NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our new drawing and a WINNER will be selected at random and announced before our next video release. :cool:

IMG_3903.jpg

UPDATE : The WINNER of the shot glasses is Slimebones! Congratulations :)

JK07

Great video as usual! Thanks for the in-depth look at the quality effort that goes into building these quality axles! Can you share more about your choice to use RCV shafts?

Sent from my iPad

Andy5160

Hooked
Finally manufacturing and installation was revealed[emoji106][emoji106]
Absolutely amazing how the whole project was captured and presented. Soundtracks rock!!!!
How are 5.13’s doing with the new JL transmission ?
Also will you show what needs to be done with the Tazer?
Thank you

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

metalic

Awesome video
Great seeing step by step fabrication, setup, and install

Surprised to see RCVs installed. What drove that decision?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haven’t even watched it yet but if it involves Dynatrac, and Wayalife you know it’s gonna be good!!!

LOL!! you're too kind. We sincerely hope you enjoy it when you do get to see it. :cool:

Awwww shit! I need to allocate some time.... and whisky for this one. [emoji1417]

You know, that would definitely be better than popcorn. I honestly would do the same :thumb:

Great video as usual! Thanks for the in-depth look at the quality effort that goes into building these quality axles! Can you share more about your choice to use RCV shafts?

Unfortunately, the RCV's were the only thing available at this time. Definitely not my first choice if only because of how much more they cost. :rolleyes2:

Finally manufacturing and installation was revealed[emoji106][emoji106]
Absolutely amazing how the whole project was captured and presented. Soundtracks rock!!!!
How are 5.13’s doing with the new JL transition?
Also will you show what needs to be done with the Tazer?
Thank you

Thank you, we're so glad you enjoyed it :)

The 5.13's are a nice addition in that they give you a lot more power off the line. Crawling is really nice as well. The down side to them is that you will loose some MPG and passing on the highway is a bit harder to do. We'll make a video about all this.

Regarding the Tazer, all you need to do is turn off the FAD and the front locker. We'll include this in the video.

Awesome video
Great seeing step by step fabrication, setup, and install

Surprised to see RCVs installed. What drove that decision?

Yeah, like I said, not our first choice but if we wanted to do this now, they were the only option available right now. :rolleyes2:

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Incredibly informative video! The detail on the install of the ARB carrier was awesome. They make it look so easy. Also curious why you chose the RCV shafts.
Edit: scratch the shaft question, I see you answered it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Incredibly informative video! The detail on the install of the ARB carrier was awesome. They make it look so easy. Also curious why you chose the RCV shafts.

We're glad that we were able to share this with you. Regarding the RCV's, as mentioned, they were the only thing available at this time that would work with this application. Trust me, not my first choice by any means.

wjtstudios

Hooked
You are just knocking out the videos! That was sweet watching the PR get built, and how cool was it to actually be there while yours was assembled. I can't wait to see you testing it out, as always unreal Job!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another awesome video! Well worth blocking out an hour for it. It will be the best hour this week!

LOL!! We're truly flattered you would say as much. Thank you.

You are just knocking out the videos! That was sweet watching the PR get built, and how cool was it to actually be there while yours was assembled. I can't wait to see you testing it out, as always unreal Job!

It's amazing what lots of coffee and very little sleep can accomplish :crazyeyes: :cheesy:

So glad you enjoyed the video. :cool:

It’s so awesome that Dynatrac lets you guys show so much of the process and Jim takes the time to explain so much about it.

Slimebones

Thanks for sharing this. Definitely appreciate the quality of these axles. These guys are at the top of their game. Your use/abuse has surely demonstrated their abilities! So much want: :rock:

Top Bottom