Howdy From Colorado!

MrJ3sser

What's up friends?

I stumbled across this community from the Wayalife YouTube channel (best Jeep vids on the Internet btw). I loved the way this community operates so I decided to sign up.

I bought my 2012 Jeep JKU brand new in Octber of 2011. It was, and still is, a huge accomplishment for me buying a brand new vehicle. Her name is SLAMber and is pretty much stock besides a 2.5" lift with some 35's (see avatar). She is getting a new rear bumper and tire carrier today and I'll probably get a new front bumper once I get my taxes back.

I am a super noob when it comes to wheeling and mods. So I may ask some stupid questions and may rely on this place for some good info on what to add next.

I haven't done any wheeling yet because, honestly, I'm a little scared about damaging her. (She's soooo pretty!) But that will all change this summer. I am looking up trails and starting my list.

I'm looking forward to being apart of the Wayalife and Jeep community.

Cheers!
Garrett

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Welcome!! The only stupid question is the one that isnt asked. There is a large knowledge base here. USE IT!! Lol.. I ask questions all the time, I dont find everything in my forum search. Again welcome to Wayalife!

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Welcome! I like to ask myself questions and then search the forum for as many answers as I can. It helps me learn all the do's and dont's as I have found that experience and knowledge are priceless! Doing things more than once is very costly, but we have all done it... Funny thing is I still find myself asking routine questions!!!

jhires

What's up friends?

I stumbled across this community from the Wayalife YouTube channel (best Jeep vids on the Internet btw). I loved the way this community operates so I decided to sign up.

I bought my 2012 Jeep JKU brand new in Octber of 2011. It was, and still is, a huge accomplishment for me buying a brand new vehicle. Her name is SLAMber and is pretty much stock besides a 2.5" lift with some 35's (see avatar). She is getting a new rear bumper and tire carrier today and I'll probably get a new front bumper once I get my taxes back.

I am a super noob when it comes to wheeling and mods. So I may ask some stupid questions and may rely on this place for some good info on what to add next.

I haven't done any wheeling yet because, honestly, I'm a little scared about damaging her. (She's soooo pretty!) But that will all change this summer. I am looking up trails and starting my list.

I'm looking forward to being apart of the Wayalife and Jeep community.

Cheers!
Garrett

Ya, we were all noobs at one point and got over it by asking questions, playing follow the leader, getting stuck, getting unstuck, and spending money and time making ourselves and rigs better, next thing you know you are one of the OGs. :D

Ask lots of questions. Worse that will happen here is someone will point you to a thread that has been started elsewhere, if not, then it needed to be asked anyway.

As for worrying about damage, for the cosmetic stuff, there are a lot of things you can do to mitigate it. Get some decent rocker guards, take your doors off, (lots of options here for covering up if you need to), and take your top off if you have a hard top. The rest is fairly easy to fix if you cant stand it being scratched up. I've also heard that waxing your rig before you go is better for getting the muck off afterwards, but I've never tried that. Biggest thing is to have fun.

Tackerdown

Banned
Welcome to WAYALIFE the great thing about asking a dumb question on here is you get a smart answer, just look back threw my posts:yup:.Best part is after being on for a while you read the same questions over and over and the answer really sinks in.:standing wave:

Top Bottom