Sport cage?

Bush450

I know this subject has been addressed numerous times. I have been researching this non stop. However now that the Evo cage has been out for a while. Anyone regret going with that one? I am stuck between Evo and poisen right now. I like how the poisen goes down to the floor, and if I decide to do some custom work later in the rear, I can prob keep the poisen in there. Seems like with the psc you have to attach the windshield to the cage. I can weld and cut. The reason I am looking at these two is, ease of install, and not overly intrusive. Its not a rock buggy just a well built weekend warrior. Thanks for your time

JKbrick

I know this isn’t what you asked but I’m in the middle of installing the PS cage right now if you have any questions or need pictures

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

Have you looked at the Rockhard 4x4 as well?

One issue with the Evo cage is that the dash bar will cover the headlight sensor unless you make a cut out for it. Not a huge deal. But it is there.

Bush450

I appreciate that I think I may end up that route. Let me know if u run into any problems, and how the drivers floor space is.

Bush450

I have looked at the rock hard cage. I just liked the way the psc, is a more sleek look and goes to the floor. The rock hard looks beefy especially installed. But those clamps are just massive.

Have you looked at the Rockhard 4x4 as well?

One issue with the Evo cage is that the dash bar will cover the headlight sensor unless you make a cut out for it. Not a huge deal. But it is there.

TheGrendel

I have looked at the rock hard cage. I just liked the way the psc, is a more sleek look and goes to the floor. The rock hard looks beefy especially installed. But those clamps are just massive.

Yep. Only issue I’ve read with the PSC is some squeaking. There’s a couple of threads on it here if you search. But I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those 3.

Bush450

I agree chromoly is the stronger material. But man, theres a lot of variables there. It's not really an apples to apples comparison. They tie in totally different. They are different shapes. Without watching two dropped on their lid from the same height. It's all hear say. I am no engineer but sometimes harder material becomes more brittle. Instead of bending something snaps or shears. I doubt the evo would fail under a flop. But possibly the factory pinch weld?

Bush450

Well I did it. I ended up going down the psc road, with the C-post reinforcement bar. It was a tough choice between the two. I feel the psc route, if I ever decide to build onto the cage it will be easier. Prob be a month or so until I get caught up on all the other nic nac projects this thing is undergoing.

Top Bottom