JL JOURNAL : Checking Steering Components / Setting Toe / Recenter Steering Wheel

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After getting our brand new Dynatrac ProRock 44 installed on our Jeep JL Wrangler, there was one last thing we needed to do before we could head for home and that was to dial in our front end. Even though this was a brand new axle and everything should technically be the same, all it would take is for something to be a fraction of a inch off, to change something like toe or the position of our steering wheel. And, being that we have well over 20,000 hard miles on all our factory steering components, we thought now would be as good a time as any to also check the condition of our joints and bushings on the tie-rod, drag link and track bar. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see Jim, the owner of Dynatrac explain how to do these checks, set your toe-in and recenter your steering wheel - essentially, basic front end alignment 101. Of course, this video can apply to anyone with a Jeep JK or JL Wrangler and we hope that you find the information in it to be useful.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seems simple enough... Alignments so easy a caveman can do it. Lol.. great info!

:cheesy: now that's funny. Loved those commercials :)

This along with your diagram should give anyone the ability to do an alignment instead of paying a shop.

Thanks! It's what we would hope. There really is no reason to pay a shop to do something you can totally do yourself and with just a 15mm wrench. :yup:

Great information
Thank you [emoji106][emoji106]

You bet! Glad you found it to be helpful :)

Nice video. That's the closest that I have seen the JL front end. The steering stabilizer mount on them is kinda funky looking.

It is different for sure. Kinda makes you wonder why the change up.

USMC Wrangler

The tie-rod end on our drag link where it connects to the pitman arm was worn out... already :rolleyes2:

All that pavement posing must’ve done it! [emoji23]

I saw the movement in the video and thought they might have left some things loose intentionally to demonstrate. Damn!

After getting our brand new Dynatrac ProRock 44 installed on our Jeep JL Wrangler, there was one last thing we needed to do before we could head for home and that was to dial in our front end. Even though this was a brand new axle and everything should technically be the same, all it would take is for something to be a fraction of a inch off, to change something like toe or the position of our steering wheel. And, being that we have well over 20,000 hard miles on all our factory steering components, we thought now would be as good a time as any to also check the condition of our joints and bushings on the tie-rod, drag link and track bar. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see Jim, the owner of Dynatrac explain how to do these checks, set your toe-in and recenter your steering wheel - essentially, basic front end alignment 101. Of course, this video can apply to anyone with a Jeep JK or JL Wrangler and we hope that you find the information in it to be useful.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Great video, Eddie! Very informative. I recently upgraded my springs and replaced balls joints. I had the death wobble, had to make a few adjustments to the front suspension and get the Jeep aligned to fix everything.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Must be too many shopping trips. Those mall speed bumps and curbs are wearing shit out in a hurry.

I know, right! :D

That looks super easy! Thanks for showing us this Eddie and Cindy. I’ll definitely take a crack at this when the time comes.

Awesome - glad we could be of help :)

All that pavement posing must’ve done it! [emoji23]

I saw the movement in the video and thought they might have left some things loose intentionally to demonstrate. Damn!

Kind of surprising to see for sure. Or, maybe I should say disappointing. I would have thought I could get more out of a factory tie-rod end. Hell, my JK components held up a LOT better.

Great video, Eddie! Very informative. I recently upgraded my springs and replaced balls joints. I had the death wobble, had to make a few adjustments to the front suspension and get the Jeep aligned to fix everything.

Glad to hear you were able to get your death wobble fixed.

Lojo

Great video and informative!! Easy adjustments right in your very own drive way. I’m going to have to check all my numbers. I have a pretty good pull to right for some reason even on flat ground. Thanks for the video.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video and informative!! Easy adjustments right in your very own drive way. I’m going to have to check all my numbers. I have a pretty good pull to right for some reason even on flat ground. Thanks for the video.

Glad to hear we could be of help to you :)

Once again, another superb video.

10/10:thumb:

Thank you. We're happy to hear it :)

mountianbill

The whole series on the Dynatrac front end from the beginning to end was great.
Very informative,great editing,very very helpful.
You can read all about it but until you see all put together that’s when it all makes sense.
Thanks so much for insight.
You guys always do a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The best tech video yet. Great information. So much value in this video and the why behind the what is what really sets it apart from others floating around out there. The explanation of Toe in and why it’s important was great.

Brute

Hooked
Another great video that was very informative and in layman terms...this is a good reference to go back to...

Top Bottom