Adjustable Trackbars. Looking for advice!! HALP!

NY1982JK

So I'm currently in the process of starting the build-up of my JKU. I've been researching and pricing out different parts and one that I was pretty set on was the Teraflex Monster Adjustable Front and rear Trackbars.

Now after seeing a few different posts showing the broken tire carrier and now the Monster trackbar, I'm starting to consider other options.

My question is this. What are some of the other quality options out there? I am looking at running 35's within the next 4-6 months and eventually going to 37's. I don't want to buy parts twice so I want to get parts now that will last me for a LONG time.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks! :cool:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
not sure how good they are, but I went with jks front and rear. I have yet to install them (being lazy) but they are beefy and seem to be made well

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
for the amount of lift you'll be looking at, I might just recommend that you install an EVO drag link flip kit/track bar relocation bracket. That way, you can get your axle recentered and address your steering geometry all at the same time and still do it using your factory track bar which works really well. It's what I still use even on my big JK pushing 40x15.50's.

NY1982JK

for the amount of lift you'll be looking at, I might just recommend that you install an EVO drag link flip kit/track bar relocation bracket. That way, you can get your axle recentered and address your steering geometry all at the same time and still do it using your factory track bar which works really well. It's what I still use even on my big JK pushing 40x15.50's.

Awesome. I didn't know the factory trackbar was that strong! Now of course since I'm still on a budget. It will be sitting on a Terasnap 2.5BB for a while. Once funds are available, I plan on moving up to the EVO bolt-on Coilovers. Now. Would the EVO drag link flip kit be worth investing in with just a BB? Or is it something I should wait on untill I get a little more lift under my rig? If it matters at all, it is a 2013 JKU Sport S. Thanks again!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome. I didn't know the factory trackbar was that strong! Now of course since I'm still on a budget. It will be sitting on a Terasnap 2.5BB for a while. Once funds are available, I plan on moving up to the EVO bolt-on Coilovers. Now. Would the EVO drag link flip kit be worth investing in with just a BB? Or is it something I should wait on untill I get a little more lift under my rig? If it matters at all, it is a 2013 JKU Sport S. Thanks again!

With just a 2.5" BB, you really don't need to address your front track bar. Yes, it'll be a bit off center but not enough to matter and it will in no way effect your ride or handling. I would just save up until you can get more lift under your rig - at about 3" of lift or more is when you should consider doing this. If you'll be staying at 2.5" for a long time and just want to correct things, I might recommend a JKS track bar.

DallasJKU

With just a 2.5" BB, you really don't need to address your front track bar. Yes, it'll be a bit off center but not enough to matter and it will in no way effect your ride or handling. I would just save up until you can get more lift under your rig - at about 3" of lift or more is when you should consider doing this. If you'll be staying at 2.5" for a long time and just want to correct things, I might recommend a JKS track bar.

I currently have a 2.5 AEV kit and netted a little more than 3" and I can definitely see a difference and my OCD needs/wants to fix it. Does it really matter which front trackbar I go with??

ghostjk

With 4-5 inches of lift, would you run just the jks adjustable rear trac bar, or would you add something like the teraflex rear trac bar bracket that bolts/welds to the axle side

rtguy1

The teraflex monster trackbar works fine. Its beefy and issues with breaks were on the old design. The jks rubbed my diff cover. The teraflex has the flattened section at the diff cover like the factory bar and gives better clearance IMO.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With 4-5 inches of lift, would you run just the jks adjustable rear trac bar, or would you add something like the teraflex rear trac bar bracket that bolts/welds to the axle side

4"-5" is A LOT of lift and you really NEED to install a track bar relocation bracket AND dropped pitman arm or drag link flip to help correct your steering geometry. I personally would recommend something like an EVO drag link flip/track bar relocation as the track bar bracket is installed on the axle. This will not only keep your track bar and drag link parallel and closer to stock geometry, it'll also keep them closer together and higher up from the differential. Also, frame side track bar brackets have a tendancy to break the factory mount - EVEN IF they are reinforced.

Went with JKS front TB. Will install this weekend.

I have run it as well as many others and it's a good strong track bar.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Also, frame side track bar brackets have a tendancy to break the factory mount - EVEN IF they are reinforced.

Eddie, I'm running the teraflex TB reposition on rear axle. In front, I EVO draglink flip with a Full Traction reinforcement brace on frame side of TB mount. No drop in mount or pitman arm. I also have PSC ram. If I understand your point above, the frame mount brace in the front, probably won't be of much help? Thx

jkmadness

The teraflex monster trackbar works fine. Its beefy and issues with breaks were on the old design. The jks rubbed my diff cover. The teraflex has the flattened section at the diff cover like the factory bar and gives better clearance IMO.

Plus 1 :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, I'm running the teraflex TB reposition on rear axle. In front, I EVO draglink flip with a Full Traction reinforcement brace on frame side of TB mount. No drop in mount or pitman arm. I also have PSC ram. If I understand your point above, the frame mount brace in the front, probably won't be of much help? Thx

If you are not running a frame mounted drop bracket, you should be fine. If you're running a brace on the factory mount, you should be better. You should be find on the rear as well.

ghostjk

4"-5" is A LOT of lift and you really NEED to install a track bar relocation bracket AND dropped pitman arm or drag link flip to help correct your steering geometry. I personally would recommend something like an EVO drag link flip/track bar relocation as the track bar bracket is installed on the axle. This will not only keep your track bar and drag link parallel and closer to stock geometry, it'll also keep them closer together and higher up from the differential. Also, frame side track bar brackets have a tendancy to break the factory mount - EVEN IF they are reinforced.

I have run it as well as many others and it's a good strong track bar.

I have the Evo flip kit for the front axle. I was wondering about the rear axle. I have the teraflex trac bar bracket that mounts to the axle, and an adjustable jks rear trac bar. Would u run both of them? Or just the jks trac bar?

jkmadness

I have the Evo flip kit for the front axle. I was wondering about the rear axle. I have the teraflex trac bar bracket that mounts to the axle, and an adjustable jks rear trac bar. Would u run both of them? Or just the jks trac bar?

Both, without a doubt, bracket and trackbar

jkmadness

The bracket raises the trackbar a couple of inches so the trackbar angle is as close as stock as posible, from there your adjustable jks will be able to center the axle and you are golden then :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Depends. If the relocation bracket gives you enough correction that your axle is centered with your factory track bar, that's probably what I would run. Most adjustable track bars are made to be LONGER than OE and when installed in conjunction to a relocation bracket, can often times cause over correction. In otherwords, your axle will be off center the other way.

Top Bottom