Locker confused

Jkey

I have a 2013 JKU with 35s Dana 44 in rear and 30 in front. I want to upgrade to 37s so I'm gonna get a Dynatrac pro rock 44 for the front, regearing the works, but confused about which lockers. I've narrowed it down to ARB air lockers or Eaton E lockers would like to know your thoughts. Mainly a DD, but I do off-road and when I use something I want it to perform and be reliable. Thank you any help would be appreciated.

redx08

I have had both lockers and both have performed for me without a problem. I prefer the ARB, but has not issues with the e- locker.

Ddays

Hooked
Another vote for the ARB's. Makes a compressor necessary, but I view that as a positive. It's sure handy to have to air up and down, plus you'll be amazed how many other things you end up using it for.

TheGrendel

Another vote for the ARB's. Makes a compressor necessary, but I view that as a positive. It's sure handy to have to air up and down, plus you'll be amazed how many other things you end up using it for.

currently ARB is offering a free compressor with their lockers. but, i think it ends this month.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I have been looking at the same upgrade. I read where the ARB locks up as soon as you activate but the Eaton takes about a 1/4 turn of the axle before it is locked. Also when you reverse the Eaton unlocks in a 1/4 turn then locks up in another 1/4 turn in each direction. Not a big deal but depends on your off roading.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have Yukon Zip lockers, I can't complain about them one bit, they haven't failed me and with the YES program they are Warrantied for life. With that said, after seeing a video of the ARB cutout vs the Yukon cutout on how the locking collar is simpler than the locking cage on the Yukon I will give the edge out to ARB.

This might give you a good idea.

https://youtu.be/x40WGUtdaLI

Torrin

I have a 2013 JKU with 35s Dana 44 in rear and 30 in front. I want to upgrade to 37s so I'm gonna get a Dynatrac pro rock 44 for the front, regearing the works, but confused about which lockers. I've narrowed it down to ARB air lockers or Eaton E lockers would like to know your thoughts. Mainly a DD, but I do off-road and when I use something I want it to perform and be reliable. Thank you any help would be appreciated.

I opted for the trail leader package, that comes with the prorock 44 front, arb lockers, gearing of your choice, rear 35 spline axles, gears (same ratio as whatever you want in the front) and rear arb locker. It is a great package.

desertrunner

That video posted above I have watched a few times and it has a lot of good info. My first Jeep was a Rubicon with the e lockers and as long as you understand that the E lockers take some rotation to engage and disengage they work great but in some situations where movement is limited they can be a pain in the ass.

On my current Jeep as mentioned above i went with the trail leader package from dynatrac with ARB air lockers. I haven't used them a ton but on my Moab trip it is really handy to be able to lock and unlock lock them instantly.

A few things to note on the JK 44 rear since I had a shop install the rear locker and gears, the JK uses a thick ring gear so the rear locker says it's for 3.73 and down even though I was installing 4.88s it's still the correct locker for the JK (confused the shop) and also the ARB supports 3 sizes of ring gear bolts. It comes in the package with the smallest holes so you can drill them bigger if needed. My ring gear needed 1 size bigger hole which the ARB instructions says to do so but again the shop initially called me and said the bolts didn't fit and I had to tell them it's ok to drill them bigger. Just wanted to let you know in case you order that package and you or the shop is not super familiar with the rear D44 in JK it can be a little confusing and cause delays

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermotor

I would go ARB front and rear without a doubt, you can also get 1350 axles for the ProRock front which will really beef that thing up.

RCVRY

I have Yukon Zip lockers, I can't complain about them one bit, they haven't failed me and with the YES program they are Warrantied for life. With that said, after seeing a video of the ARB cutout vs the Yukon cutout on how the locking collar is simpler than the locking cage on the Yukon I will give the edge out to ARB.

This might give you a good idea.

https://youtu.be/x40WGUtdaLI

Cool video. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom