Bumpstop Lengths

WillMooseJaw

I've looked around and cannot find any info on what the bumpstop length needs to be. My bumpstops came with my 4.5" lift, but I now have chopped fenders and at full stuff the wheels still have about 2.5" before they come close to the fenders.. Would shortening the bumpstops be okay? I don't want to overcompress the springs, but I would also like to get that travel if it is possible. :idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Typically, you want to extend your bump stops about as much as you have lifted your Jeep. In other words, if you install a 4" lift, you want to have about 4" of bump stop extensions. If you run less, you will get more stuff but, you will run the risk of over compressing your coils. Is it a for sure thing? Not necessarily, it'll depend how much shorter you really go and the spring rate.

WillMooseJaw

Typically, you want to extend your bump stops about as much as you have lifted your Jeep. In other words, if you install a 4" lift, you want to have about 4" of bump stop extensions. If you run less, you will get more stuff but, you will run the risk of over compressing your coils. Is it a for sure thing? Not necessarily, it'll depend how much shorter you really go and the spring rate.

When I get my coilovers soon, does that rule still apply?

Top Bottom