LIft for a 2I017 JKUR

wibornz

Looking for a 2 or 2 1/2 inch lift for a JKUR. Basically want to clear 35 in tires. Also what kind of back spacing should I run for the wheels. The off-roading will be mild, and the Jeep is a daily driver. What would you suggest for a lift and backspacing on the wheels? Looking for a balance of same or better ride than stock, and not breaking the bank. Kinda the best bang for the buck kind of deal.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Looking for a 2 or 2 1/2 inch lift for a JKUR. Basically want to clear 35 in tires. Also what kind of back spacing should I run for the wheels. The off-roading will be mild, and the Jeep is a daily driver. What would you suggest for a lift and backspacing on the wheels? Looking for a balance of same or better ride than stock, and not breaking the bank. Kinda the best bang for the buck kind of deal.

JKS 2.5 is a good option, I'm running 4.25 backspacing without Spacer and the tires run about the same as where my stock wheels ran with 1.5 inch spacers.

sph801

I run 35 x 12.5's on my JK using 17 x 9 wheels with 4.5" backspacing. Everything I researched said that was the magic number for no rubbing.

I can't recommend a spring lift. I run a 2" spacer lift from AEV. I can't say if this would have worked by itself. I had my doubts so I went with Bushwacker flat flares before I installed the wheels. Even with this I had to stubby my front bumper, trim my rock rails, and slightly modify the inner wheel well on the rear tires toward the front of the vehicle. Here's what my Jeep looks like with this setup.

IMG_4356.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jorgelrod

Hooked
I run 35 x 12.5's on my JK using 17 x 9 wheels with 4.5" backspacing. Everything I researched said that was the magic number for no rubbing.

I can't recommend a spring lift. I run a 2" spacer lift from AEV. I can't say if this would have worked by itself. I had my doubts so I went with Bushwacker flat flares before I installed the wheels. Even with this I had to stubby my front bumper, trim my rock rails, and slightly modify the inner wheel well on the rear tires toward the front of the vehicle. Here's what my Jeep looks like with this setup.

View attachment 323856

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking Jeep! :thumb::thumb:

Top Bottom