Yay for Insurance!

Acumeon

Bought my jeep in 2015. Have big plans for it but had to put them on hold as I started a business that required all my time and money to get going. Now that things are rolling with that I can give some of my attention back to those big jeep plans. It is a good thing too, that I have the time and resources now. Last September while out on a salmon fishing trip during the nights I put together an outline of my jeep project. Phase one was to start in January of 2019. Well, our winter here in Salem was a bit interesting this year. During a storm at the beginning of December last year wind blew down the top of a tree onto our jeep. The funny thing is I purposely park it in our back yard off the street as I did not want people coming around the corner on our street hitting the jeep.
20181218_103645[1].jpg
20181218_103905.jpg
20181218_103734.jpg
20181218_130450.jpg
20181218_130522.jpg
20181218_130614.jpg

The tree top came down like a spear just right of the shifter then sheared off and continued just to the left of the shifter where it stop. We cleaned off some of the branches before pics were taken as it happened in the middle of the night and I didn't want anymore damage to it from branches. I kinda figured it was going to be totaled so I didn't want to have to fix anymore than needed when I bought it back. Our insurance company was great to work with. The body shop...not so much. The jeep actually still ran just fine even with the shifter messed up and the wires from the computer almost all severed. I'm not sure I want to go into the body shop fiasco. I finally came to my senses and took it to our jeep dealer here. Our insurance company totaled it after getting the bid from the dealer. We bought it back from our insurance company for a reasonable price.

Thankfully the tree was not that big. Most of the damage is cosmetic. The center console assembly is completely destroyed. There is two dents in the tub on the transmission tunnel. Several scratches that I'm not too concerned with at this time. The seat covers are torn. Of course the freedom top is destroyed. With the difference of the jeeps worth and buying it back we will have plenty to completely fix the jeep and actually make it a FOUR WHEEL DRIVE JEEP! Yes, this poor jeep has a limp. It was a birth defect. I felt bad for it so we took it in. I have almost everything needed for the jeep. I'm excited to get started. If only I hadn't fallen of some scaffolding in January I would be out there working on the jeep. Will be posting in the tech forum as I have some questions about fixing the dents in the tub.

Acumeon

It’s as if some higher power was saying no Jeeps are meant to be 2wd.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, yes it does look that way and it should be as such!

Still plenty of Jeep to work with. Have fun with your build and hope you have a full recovery from your fall.

Yes, I am recovering, thank you. Nothing broken or internal trauma. Just a bunch of bruises and a couple torn muscles in my shoulder and back. Got a modified work release from my doc on Friday.

Now the jeep and I will be recovering together. It will be a bonding experience.

RCVRY

Yes, yes it does look that way and it should be as such!

Yes, I am recovering, thank you. Nothing broken or internal trauma. Just a bunch of bruises and a couple torn muscles in my shoulder and back. Got a modified work release from my doc on Friday.

Now the jeep and I will be recovering together. It will be a bonding experience.

That’s some spiritual shit right there.

Top Bottom