Steering upgrade

JKEmmy

Hey everyone, so I have a little wobble between 50 and 60 mph. I was thinking my tires might need a balance which I will still probably check. I climbed under the Jeep and checked my drag link, tie rod, and track bar for movement while the wife rocked the steering wheel. I could hear and feel the drag link bushings clanking...... Pretty sure there shouldn't be that much movement. If anyone knows better please save me some money...... For the time being though I am shopping for a new drag link...... Any suggestions? I'll probably be upgrading the rest of the steering eventually as well.

boardsurfer

Your terminology is a little confusing. Do you mean track bar bushings? If there is movement, it is one of a few things: It's loose. Check torque. Bushings are shot, need replacing. The hole in the mounting bracket has wallowed out.

JKEmmy

Sorry, I am taking about the drag link. I guess there not really bushings. Each end of the drag link kind of hitches as the steering wheel is rocked. I'll have to take a closer look at the track bar for movement.

JKEmmy

Does anyone have anything on this? Should there be movement and the Pittman arm and down at the tire? Also any suggestions for who I should go with for strong upgrades? Thanks again everyone.

Top Bottom