Check engine light finally

SoCalDozer

Check engine light finally came on today after having the "tick" for about 7k miles. Hopefully the dealer will actually do something this time

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They should. It's a known problem and they shouldn't even hesitate to help you out. Keeps up to date on how things go.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Check engine light finally came on today after having the "tick" for about 7k miles. Hopefully the dealer will actually do something this time

I have the tick too and the light came on at 20120, dealer checked it out and they have to replace the cylinder head. The one thing that sucks is all the parts are on back order and will take 3 weeks to come in..... Does you engine run rough too? My engine is running really bad. :icon_crazy:

Do you have a code reader if so the code I got was P0302.

Last edited:

SoCalDozer

Doesn't seem to run to rough, only 9500 miles so far but it defiantly ticks loud.
I only have the pro cal. Is that capable of reading codes?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Doesn't seem to run to rough, only 9500 miles so far but it defiantly ticks loud.
I only have the pro cal. Is that capable of reading codes?

I looked that up it can only clear codes but can't read them.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

rtguy1

fyi....no code reader is needed to view the codes. there is a pattern of turning the ignition on off several times and any stored codes will display. i will have to look around to find it.

edit: here is the instructions to display your stored codes.

make sure you have your display on Trip B. Do not turn the engine on. You will start with the key on the off position....all you are going to do (on-off, on-off, and on) do it fast and do not allow the dash light turn on between the cycles, and you should be able to get the codes.
:thankyou:

Last edited:

SoCalDozer

fyi....no code reader is needed to view the codes. there is a pattern of turning the ignition on off several times and any stored codes will display. i will have to look around to find it.

edit: here is the instructions to display your stored codes.

make sure you have your display on Trip B. Do not turn the engine on. You will start with the key on the off position....all you are going to do (on-off, on-off, and on) do it fast and do not allow the dash light turn on between the cycles, and you should be able to get the codes.
:thankyou:

Awesome thanks, I tried something similar to this yesterday but I think I did it to slow. Whatever I did shut the check engine light off so now I'm just waiting for it to come back on

rtguy1

Awesome thanks, I tried something similar to this yesterday but I think I did it to slow. Whatever I did shut the check engine light off so now I'm just waiting for it to come back on

if the code is stored it will display regardless of the light being on or not. this technique should not clear the codes.

SoCalDozer

I have the tick too and the light came on at 20120, dealer checked it out and they have to replace the cylinder head. The one thing that sucks is all the parts are on back order and will take 3 weeks to come in..... Does you engine run rough too? My engine is running really bad. :icon_crazy:

Do you have a code reader if so the code I got was P0302.

Just checked and p0302 is the code I have

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Yeah, when I did it last time I didn't have it on trip b and I turned the key to slow. Thanks a ton for showing me that!

Socal.

That's same code. Mine was the tick and bad cylinder head. Hope fully you don't have to wait to long to fix it. I am still waiting for the parts to come in. Is your jeep running normal those my mine started to run really rough and feels like it is idling low.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Shaved Ice

I just took my 2012 Call of Duty edition in for code P0302. They must have the parts available here. They kept it and said the new cylinder head would be installed by tomorrow afternoon. The loaner is a Chysler 200, so that sucks, but everything else is good.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom