Re-Gear

mrew2017

I have a 2015 JK Rubicon. Dana 44 front and rear. Stock 3.73 gears. I right now I have 35’s. I’m going up to 37’s. I plan on getting 5.13’s . Do I need to purchase full gear kit or just the gears itself???

I have auto trans.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Let the shop handle it for you. You’ll probably get a better deal anyways. Generally we do not mark up parts when customer come in for a re-gear and charge them a turn-key price

Braxtonsag

I would step back to the 4.88s, I feel like 4.88 is even slightly too much gear for my 37s but I tow a camper so need it. I couldn’t imagine running 5.13s. At 70mph im sitting around 3k rpm on 4.88

Braxtonsag

Thanks Braxtonsag. I’ll order 4.88’s instead. Did you buy the full gear set with bearings etc?

I’m looking at the Yukon’s

I just told the shop what gears I wanted and I had ordered a truetrac that I dropped off with the jeep. They used nitro gears though. You’ll be fine with most any gear set, it’s really just installers preference.
What engine?

3.6 auto same as OP

jdofmemi

I would step back to the 4.88s, I feel like 4.88 is even slightly too much gear for my 37s but I tow a camper so need it. I couldn’t imagine running 5.13s. At 70mph im sitting around 3k rpm on 4.88

Is your tire size calibrated right? Don't sound like it to me. You don't use the size on the sidewall, you measure from the center of the axle to the ground and then double it to get the programmer right.
I'm running 5.13 gears with 37s. On Cooper STT Pro now, formerly on Goodyear MTRs. Mine is a '15 with an automatic. At 3,000 rpm I'm at 75. I would not want any taller gear, with the JK transmission. I've put over 16,000 miles on this set up in the past year, and it is right. Also, my speedo checks out with GPS within 1 mph at 75.

I have a 2015 JK Rubicon. Dana 44 front and rear. Stock 3.73 gears. I right now I have 35’s. I’m going up to 37’s. I plan on getting 5.13’s . Do I need to purchase full gear kit or just the gears itself???

I have auto trans.

As others said, get the shop to get the parts, that way it is on them to have the right parts that match.

I just ran from SoCal to Moab and back. On the freeway I was mostly at 80 and it was no problem. On the hills, not so fast, but with the 5.13 gears I was never under 65.

Go to 5.13, it will be fine on 35's for a while, and when you get 37's you will thank us.

Braxtonsag

Is your tire size calibrated right? Don't sound like it to me. You don't use the size on the sidewall, you measure from the center of the axle to the ground and then double it to get the programmer right.
I'm running 5.13 gears with 37s. On Cooper STT Pro now, formerly on Goodyear MTRs. Mine is a '15 with an automatic. At 3,000 rpm I'm at 75. I would not want any taller gear, with the JK transmission. I've put over 16,000 miles on this set up in the past year, and it is right. Also, my speedo checks out with GPS within 1 mph at 75mph.

Yep it’s input as 4.88 and 35.6” tires on the flashcal and dead on on the gps. Granted my stt pros only have about 20% tread left but still

Top Bottom