MetalCloak Control Arm

mrew2017

Should I get drop brackets or long arms?

My rig 2015 JKU Rubicon, auto trans. Lifted 4.5” MetalCloak mid-arms, 35” tires, EVO draglink flip, EVO 4”plush springs, 3/4” spacers. My camber is at 10degrees in front. Tire pressure 28lbs. The ride is tough. When I hit the smallest bump in road, I feel it.

What do you guys think I should do?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Should I get drop brackets or long arms?

My rig 2015 JKU Rubicon, auto trans. Lifted 4.5” MetalCloak mid-arms, 35” tires, EVO draglink flip, EVO 4”plush springs, 3/4” spacers. My camber is at 10degrees in front. Tire pressure 28lbs. The ride is tough. When I hit the smallest bump in road, I feel it.

What do you guys think I should do?

I'm with jesse, that's a hell of a LOT of lift for just a set of 35's. At that sky high lift, you really need long arms to really correct your geometry. You're 1" longer arms will only push your axles further out of place with drop brackets. As far as camber goes, I assume you meant to say "caster"? If so, I don't know how you're able to run so much without having driveline vibrations. Assuming you're still running a factory front driveshaft, it's only a matter of time before that CV boot fails. You really should dial that back to about 4°

mrew2017

Thanks for the responses. I meant to say caster. The front is at 10degrees now. My front driveshaft boot did fail. I ordered a Tom Woods one. I’ll dial it back to 4degrees. I plan on going to 37’s soon, that’s why I was going back and forth about getting long arms. Which kit to you prefer?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the responses. I meant to say caster. The front is at 10degrees now. My front driveshaft boot did fail. I ordered a Tom Woods one. I’ll dial it back to 4degrees. I plan on going to 37’s soon, that’s why I was going back and forth about getting long arms. Which kit to you prefer?

Personally, I prefer the one made by EVO. It's what I've been running for almost 10 years now and if you've ever seen any of our videos, you'll know that it works well.

Top Bottom